Canon AE-1 stop down "lever" plunger question

rdnzl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I picked up another nice Canon AE-1 today. Everything on the body is functioning properly with the exception of one little thing. The stop down lever does not stay "in" or ratchet into place. The little chrome pop up dealio is always down. It never pops up. Not a big deal and it still stops down, but are there any ideas on how to get it to pop up like it should? Or should I not worry about it because the whole camera will need to be taken apart to fix it?

Tried that. Its not physically stuck. It actually does move a very small amount when I push on it with a pin. It's like the mechanism to release it isn't working.

I would suspect a busted spring ... it would take some work to take apart the body to get in there.

And you're not going to share? What was the solution?

HA! The solution is: I am not going to worry about it.

Its not worth the trouble of digging open the camera, just for something that works just fine without staying "in". The stop down mechanism works just fine. It just doesn't stay "in" without me holding it "in".

It won't have any effect on the photos, so why sweat it? I just thought if it was a simple fix, I'd ask and find out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back