Canon announcement - Monday

MohaimenK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I go to my local photography store, not a small company, but a chain company. When we started talking about new bodies, he simply said "Mo, the Canon rep was here on Friday and he said their new product line announcement will be on Monday" although the rep did not say anything about any models, he said it'll be a major change.

So Monday is tomorrow....and if this is 100% true, I am excited. But has anyone else heard anything similar to this???

Hmm wonder if this means that the 1D line fullframe body is coming out - or if they are going to further split their product line. They've already split midrange into 60D and 7D maybe they'll split something in between teh 7D and 1D line (or the 5DM2 and 1D line).

Otherwise maybe an update on their new super telephoto lenses and their release dates?

Canon have got press conferences around the world booked in for 12:00 (I think CET) tomorrow (7th) so its more than possible that a new body is coming along. If you follow Canon Rumors, they've been talk of anything from a Mirror less to a new full frame body. Most likely it will be the 600D/T3i.

Nikon have an announcement on Wednesday, where they will renew the Coolpix line and its not know if anything will be released extra to that, we could be in for a surprise!

To be honest the canon rumour mill is mostly useless - they only ever get things almost accurate a day or two before the actual release date - and heck by then its often just blind chance (eg if we predict a canon 100-400mm M2 every single time we'll get it right at least once ;)

No telling what it is. I'm trying not to get my hopes up as it could be a nice super zoom p&s that shoots raw. That would be cool and all but it isn't exactly what most of us are hoping for.

They're announcing that I've won a free 5D Mark II along with the entire L line.:thumbup::er:

3D haha why not, so much 3D going around might as well name a camera after it

I think canon would want to avoid the name 3D after recent times. Granted that 3D cameras have (again) failed to take off (mostly because all our viewing methods are still 2D) but using the 3D label would be a serious marketing flaw in a camera line.

yeah I hear you. But I think it'll be a 5D MK3 and/or 1D MK5
I'll be happy with either

Don't you mean 1DMIVs or something like that since that is how they went with the last editions of the 1D line. I still feel that the 5DM2 is a bit too newish for getting an upgrade, whilst the 1D line needs its new fullframe and its an ideal way to put a more advanced AF behind a fullframe sensor without impacting 7D sales

Well there's already a 1D Mark IV so I'm thinking a 1D Mark V?
Unless you're thinking of 1Ds MK4? In which case yes I agree they need to update that because its ISO range is crap compared to the 5Dmk2 and especially the 1D MK 4.

5D MK2 is a great camera except people are demanding the 7D AF system which I agree, it really needs it. I don't think they'll do anything about the 3.9fps though, which would be nice if they did. But then again I don't think they want to do that so people won't buy the 1D MK4 anymore.

canonrumors.com perhaps a mirrorless EF body? Maybe the new T3i? Maybe a new printer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back