Canon announcement - Monday

Live view - instead of a mirror box and an optical mirror setup you have live view recording and doing all the output either onto the back screen or onto a viewfinder (like you have with the bridge cameras).

Live view - instead of a mirror box and an optical mirror setup you have live view recording and doing all the output either onto the back screen or onto a viewfinder (like you have with the bridge cameras).

Word. :lol:

The new 200-400 is a SWEET idea having a built in extender.

otherwise now they put the 60D guts in a rebel, wow.............nobody saw that one coming.....

sweet baby jesus. -.-
my previous dilemma was 60D vs T2i..
now it's 60D vs T3i vs T2i -.-
Fml!

The main reason that I have not upgraded my T2i to the 60D is because I have already invested in a bunch of batteries, grip, wired remote and wireless remote. All of which I'd have to also upgrade.

However, the T3i is compatible with my T2i batteries, grip and accessories. So I'd gain the articulating monitor, fixed sound (no more AGC), awesome digital zoom in camera (using cropping, so zero quality loss) during video, and wireless flash control in camera.

For me... win, win, win. I was already planning on getting another T2i, so I'll just get the T3i instead, adjust to the differences, then sell my T2i and get second T3i body.

I am a bit under whemled by the upgrade myself

I'd say for 90% of T2i users, that's the correct reaction. Not a whole lot that's new. But that articulating monitor means I can stop using my external monitor in awkward handheld situations and just use it on the tripod.

I am a bit under whemled by the upgrade myself

I'd say for 90% of T2i users, that's the correct reaction. Not a whole lot that's new. But that articulating monitor means I can stop using my external monitor in awkward handheld situations and just use it on the tripod.

Agreed it as a new rebel release so its not going to push anything that the 60D offers at all (canon are good at making sure of that fact). Plus most new releases are underwhelming to the owners of the model directly previous to them. 50D never looked that special to the 40D owners - 450 never looked that special to the 400D ... etc....

7D was different because it was a slight class above (its AF system) and the video component was always a new addition never before present.

But seriously now is the only thing worth talking about the new swivel screen? No new high ISO - no new nifty features?

The new 200-400 is a SWEET idea having a built in extender.

OMG! I thought you were kidding about that when I read it!
$%£^%£! my 70-200mm and 2*TC feel threatened now!

But seriously now is the only thing worth talking about the new swivel screen? No new high ISO - no new nifty features?

That's nifty enough for me! Do you know how hard it is to balance on my toes while straining to see the LCD screen, while trying to shoot over peoples' heads at shows? :lmao:

However... nifty as it is, I still won't be upgrading. Not just for that. If that were the case I would have bought a camera with a swivel screen to begin with.

I'm sticking with the idea that I'm not planning on upgrading until I can afford a full frame... unless Canon can get me so excited about something else that I just CAN'T resist, before then. :lol:

Most reactions

Back