What's new

Canon announcement - Monday

I wish they made the 60D without the swivel screen. The swivel just doesn't appeal to me...but the pentaprism and fps do. -.-
 
He shoots and he scores!
 
damnit! I really was hoping for the 1d or 5d series update!!!

As far as 200-400, it's $10g! I think I'll stick to 2x TC for now on my 70-200 2.8
 
I'm left feeling empty by this annoucement.

I guess they are feeding the entry level market, but the mid and high level market still want some body goodness.

A T3? Really?
 
They've got another press announcement scheduled for NAB... Cross your fingers.
 
I'm left feeling empty by this annoucement.

I guess they are feeding the entry level market, but the mid and high level market still want some body goodness.

A T3? Really?

even better--a T3i...they added an i to the name!!!
 
A T3? Really?

But for the pros you've got the 200-400! Thats a huge bonus

They don't have a 200-400 lens--they announced that they will be developing one...it's a mere development announcement...it could be a year, it could be eighteen months until the development process is done,and the lens elements grown large enough to grind.

It is rather unusual for Canon to issue a development announcement--that's normally the province of a company that's struggling to maintain market share, or trying to thwart the advancement of competing companies that already have an actual product...more typical of video game companies, and Microsoft,and piss-ant electronics companies.

Canon, Nikon, Sony, and Pentax really DO have to feed the lower-end and mid-points of the camera market...those are the zones where the most units are sold, and where a lot of money can be made. The T3i could sell millions of units over a two year span, while a 1D Mark Awesome might sell only in the tens of thousands of units. They gotta follow the money...
 
Disappointed it wasn't a full-frame announcement--Can't say I'm surprised, either. :er:
 
They've got another press announcement scheduled for NAB... Cross your fingers.

I'm keeping them crossed!

even better--a T3i...they added an i to the name!!!

lol... they had the T1i, T2i and now the T3i. I just find it odd they launched the T3, which is a lesser T3i and a seemingly upgrade to the old XS. They didnt have a T1 or T2, and with the 60D, I didnt think they needed a third variant in the Rebel line. So with these announcements, you have: T3 < T3i < 60D < 7D < 5D2 < 1D4

Oversaturate much?

that's normally the province of a company that's struggling to maintain market share, or trying to thwart the advancement of competing companies that already have an actual product...more typical of video game companies, and Microsoft,and piss-ant electronics companies.

Not sure I totally agree there. Canon is doing very well with their market share (read something about it last week, dont remember where). Is it normal? No. But it is a sign from a company that they acknowledge they are a bit behind in the "new" development area so are throwing people a bone going "hey look, we are thinking of newness too!".

As someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, enough with the articulating screen updates and upping your megapixels. Hit the freakin high ISO already. Gimme a 24mp camera with 250,000 high iso that is clean already...that can also do x-ray through walls.
 
What's with the ridiculous price points on all of the new L redux lenses? Canon is pricing themselves right out of the market. Who the hell can afford this crap now and why would you? Except for the new 200-400; is there an incentive to upgrade from the current line of premium super telephotos? Last I checked, they were pretty darn good lenses that did not need improving. I am quite attached to my two kidneys thank you very much. The price of that 200-400 better drop, because even the Nikon model is under $10,000. A 1.4TC only cost $400 at most. Get on the ball Canon.
 
Canon always releases much higher than the item settles to in the market - why is debatable but they always do. Also they are re-releasing their entire EFS line - updating it here and there - adding new lenses and also marking up their prices from their old ones (to reflect the weak $ and £ and the stronger Yen)
 
Pretty Lame T3I! Not much different than the t2i. Although the 200-400 should be nice they finally have something for Nikons 200-400.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom