What's new

Canon announcement - Monday

To be honest aside from video in the 550D the upgrades at the rebel level are never that impressive. The only impressive one was from 300D to 350D and only then because they hobbled the 300D like crazy ;)

Otherwise you have to go at least one if not two generations above with rebels to really warrant upgrading
 
Canon always releases much higher than the item settles to in the market - why is debatable but they always do. Also they are re-releasing their entire EFS line - updating it here and there - adding new lenses and also marking up their prices from their old ones (to reflect the weak $ and £ and the stronger Yen)

Weak dollar my ass. $10K is still $10K is anyone's book. I have to issues as long as it is on par with what's in the market. I got two prices for the new EF 400 f/2.8L IS II. Initially it was $8300 USD from my local shop; about $600 more than the current lens. No problems there, I figure you're paying for the hybrid IS and titanium shell. I checked with Adorama a while back and it is pre-ordered at over $10K. Hopefully, it will "settle" as you pointed out. I will forego the 400 f/2.8 anyway and look into the 200-400 f/4. That is the lens I have been waiting on since Nikon released theirs at about $6700 USD.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom