Canon Camera

photosavy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm getting my first DSRL camera this Friday hopefully, and I was wondering what type of Canon should I get?

Point and shoot...:) your are leaving out all the needed detail to answer your question.

A budget and what they you are hoping to shoot will help with input.

I just picked up my first dslr and went with a t4i. It felt right in my hand and I didn't feel completely overwhelmed with the controls. I felt I could grow into the camera, but still be relatively happy while learning.

You are photosavy, why are you asking for our help??

All sarcastic responses aside::
if you are looking for a point and shoot it doesn't really matter. They will all do pretty much the same.
If you are looking for like a fixed lens i can't help because the only fix lens i have ever owned is a fujifilm.

If you want a dslr though, a t3i would be a good place to start. They are fairly affordable and have a lot of the same features as the t4i.

Walmart has the t4i on sale for 600$ today. I don't know how long that will last...but it's a good deal.

Welcome to TPF! Repeat after me...Nikon... :lmao:

Seriously, as stated, need more info on what you want it to do and what you want to do with it. Budget numbers are helpful too!

Mac

Oh I see what he did there...^^

Though Ron had some idea of what was going on, I feel he is somewhat uneducated in the area of realism. I would recommend a Canon 800mm f/5.6 for your wide angles. You evidently wouldn't purchase a Canon 15mm for the simple reason that it is incredibly zoomed in and should be exclusively reserved for athletics. I hear that the 800mm f/5.6 pairs great with a Canon XT. Keep in mind that you will need a tripod for the 8mm; after all, it is nearly impossible to handhold at more than 9 pounds.

With all seriousness, go with a T3i and 18-135. You will learn from there!

GW

So I have the T3i / 600D but with a Kit 18-55 - as a first timer DSLR owner upgrading from a Bridge, is the 18-135 something worth considering as a second lens as it doesn't seem to break the bank price wise?

So I have the T3i / 600D but with a Kit 18-55 - as a first timer DSLR owner upgrading from a Bridge, is the 18-135 something worth considering as a second lens as it doesn't seem to break the bank price wise?

.......no.
Why would you buy a lens that covers the same mm that your lens you already own covers? Buy a 55-250 or a 70-300mm of you are looking for something more "telephoto"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back