Canon Camera

I was going to say T4i since it has a better AF system (continuous video AF, and 9 cross type AF points vs 1) than the T2i/T3i. I basically saw no real difference between the T2i and T3i (which is why I went with the T2i) aside from the external mic jack for video, but if you're going to do video, I'd go with a T4i anyway since the STM lenses will continuously AF with it.

And for those wondering, the T4i was not out when I got my T2i.

Last edited by a moderator:
ronlane said:
1Dx with an EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS II USM. Should be good for most things you'll need or want to do. (except wide angle and macro)

As a first camera body, the 1Dx would be your best bet, it's not too fancy and covers most of the bases you need starting out. The EF 70-200 is an excellent macro wide angle lens but the 28mm will be the best prime zoom you need, and it is priced quite well. Remember, the focal length means the distance from your subject to you, in photographic EV terms. So a 28mm shows your subject 28mm away from the viewer (approximately), where the 70-200mm will show the subject 70-200mm away from the viewer variable. Also, you want to find a lens with a maximum aperture of 5.6 or higher, they work best in all lighting conditions.

Most reactions

Back