Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM

hombredelmar

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
I have found this particular lens on ebay for 684.00 supposedly new so I was wondering why the price is at least 400.00 lower that in B&H for instance.
Has anyone bought this particular lens from Ebay and what your experience was like???
Thank you for all your responses

OP, I see that you found the other thread that we have been discussing this lens. It wouldn't be surprising for a new 24-105 going for that on ebay. Probably someone that bought the kit but only needed the body and wants to recoup some money quickly.

I've never bought any camera gear off ebay but it's not impossible that it is as good as hyped, others may not be as good.

That lens is bundled in kits for higher-end Canon cameras, and the discounted price often seen in resale markets reflects the bundle discount vs buying the lens separately.

hear you guys but the question that I have is why someone would sell brand new product 400.00 off unless there is no demand and a lot of people are selling their kit lenses, as you guys mentioned.

the simple answer is for a quick sale. As Lambertpix said, the lens is discounted for the kit, so they don't have the $800 in it. If I already had a 24-70mm f/2.8 and a 70-200mm f/2.8, then I really wouldn't need the 24-105mm f/4, so I could see my selling it quickly to off-set some of my costs of buying the kit or put it back into strobes or other gear.

just my thoughts.

the simple answer is for a quick sale. As Lambertpix said, the lens is discounted for the kit, so they don't have the $800 in it. If I already had a 24-70mm f/2.8 and a 70-200mm f/2.8, then I really wouldn't need the 24-105mm f/4, so I could see my selling it quickly to off-set some of my costs of buying the kit or put it back into strobes or other gear.

just my thoughts.

That makes sense, thank you for your reply

Make sure it is not Gray Market item.

just my thoughts.

That makes sense, thank you for your reply

No problem. I'm actually wanting that lens as an upgrade from my 28-135mm, so I will have to check out these ebay finds for $400. May have to chance it.

It was my favourite lens until I bought my EF24-70mm F/2.8 L II USM. I shoot at around 70mm most of the time. For the price, I think you would be doing good. I just like have the big aperture of F/2.8 personally for some shallow DOF. As for the price, a lot of people take off the lenses and substitute for upgrades, and sell the new lens at a discount.

It was my favourite lens until I bought my EF24-70mm F/2.8 L II USM. I shoot at around 70mm most of the time. For the price, I think you would be doing good. I just like have the big aperture of F/2.8 personally for some shallow DOF. As for the price, a lot of people take off the lenses and substitute for upgrades, and sell the new lens at a discount.

I hear you !! Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back