Canon EOS 1N

Matthew_Rustik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,
Recently I purchased an EOS 1n. I receive it today and tried to use it with no success. The auto focus goes to minimum focus distance then to infinity then the in focus indicator just flashes. I haven't been able to find any help on this. The only error I see online is the BC error which isn't what i am encountering. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

It will do that if you are trying o focus on something too close, that is, closer than the lens' closest focus distance or on something without sufficient detail like a plain wall. Try focusing on different objects at different distances.

Otherwise I would try cleaning the lens mount electrical contacts on both the body and lens. You can use alcohol or a clean pencil eraser. You can also try doing a reset with the "Clear" button.

If those don't work then the problem could be with the lens and I would try a different lens.

Hello, Thanks for the reply. It wasn't a close focus issue. I tried multiple distances along with multiple lenses, thinking maybe it was because it was a sigma lens. So i tried the canon 50 1.8, canon 24-105, canon 70-200 is II and the sigma 24-70. None of them seemed to work. I used some zeiss cleaner on a rag and tried cleaning the contacts, and i pressed the clear button to no success. I even switched out all of the batteries. Previous owner says then had no problems and even offered to refund for return, i just really want to get it working, would rather not have to return.

I am going to guess the previous owner changed it to rear button focus or something in the CF or custom function menu got changed. Check this out...and GOOD LUCK!

Function No. 4 - AF activation
0:
Autofocus starts when the shutter button is pressed halfway.

1. This option lets the photographer carry out metering and autofocusing independently.

2. For sports photography using focus prediction in Al Servo AF mode, this option lets the photographer temporarily stop the focus.

1:
Autofocus starts when the AE lock button is pressed. Exposure is locked when the shutter button is pressed halfway.
2: Autofocus starts when the shutter button is pressed. Autofocus is temporarily suspended when the AE lock button is pressed- (AE lock is not available when "2" is set.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back