canon eos 350D

rallyxe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thinking about buying one, any good? If not what else is out there around the same price which is maybe better?

sorry don't know if this is in the right spot.
thanks guys!

i guess its a good a spot as any.

welcome to the forum by the way!
I believe several people own the 350D on the forum, and plenty more own the 300D. The only main difference i could tell was that the body has been slightly modified, the sensor has been replaced with the 20D's CMOS sensor, it uses DIGICII imaging, and its a smaller camera than its predecessor.

All in all, i was thinking of getting this camera, but i settled for a 10D.

What is your budget? What are you wanting to do with the camera? Those types of specifics will help us determine what advice to give.

hope that helps!

matt

well i have always loved photography and did a bit of it in highschool, it's more of a hobby than anything and i'm thinking of studying it. At the moment i'm using a canon eos 300 but i take so many photos and developing them all is getting pricey so i'm thinking about moving up.

I guess around $2500AUD range as i won't be paying for it :p it's my 21st soon so am hoping on getting one for my birthday :D
i hope..

Yeah i would definately say its time to move to digital. Im not sure the conversion from australian dollars to american dollars, but it seems like if you wanted to, you could go even bigger with a nice 20D. they seem to be built a little more solid and have more custom functions. but thats all dependant on how much use youll get out of a camera at all.

good luck!!

md

WOO. we have an aussie (i assume?)

I got a 300D 2 months ago, when they started to go on clearance. All up it cost me $1557AUD. This included an extended warranty and a 256MB Card. I also managed to get the Battery Grip thrown in. I got a pretty good deal...

I do love this camera. You will be able to use your EOS 300 lenses with the 350D aswell.

I think it's a good choice for a hobby. My only advice: change lenses as little as possible, and when you do,make it quick and stay away from dust. I didn't regard this highly until now when I have to send it to canon for cleaning.

Where abouts are you from?

Perth, but im in amsterdam at the moment visiting my parents. I will be using the camera alot so yeah.

I would suggest putting the extra towards a good lens..

As matt suggested, you can buy a 20D body only for about $2200AUD. That would leave a couple of hundred to get a good lens. And you could use your existing lens in the mean time.

Photo Continental in QLD has updated their site to include an online store, so its a good place for prices. Here's my search on 20D

http://www.photocontinental.com.au/...20D&supplierCode=&search=Search&category=P010

Good luck - I'm in Brisbane :)

Ohhh buy it duty free if you can. But make sure that the warranty is a world wide warranty (I was gonna buy one in france but it was only a french warranty... stoopid) and also if you do go duty free, make sure that with the conversion rate from aussie dollars makes it worth getting the tax off. It might not work out that much cheaper than buying it here.

I just went into a shop here yesterday to look at prices, and with the kit lens, the 350D sells for around $1799. But you might be able to get it a little cheaper than that.... or ask for other stuff thrown in, like filters, battery, memory card. Shop around and start a price war between 2 shops. That's what I'm gonna do next week.

Good luck!

Edit: OOoooooh I went into Photo Continental when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Man! That shop is amazing! They developed my MF film - christ that's expensive. But they did an awesome job. I love P.C.!!!! But it's like a maze to get out of the place. *sob* I wanna live in brissy. :-(

i would suggest going with something for less money then have more money left over for a good lens. if you know you need the extra speed and quality of the 20d, and you couldnt be satisfied with anything less, then go buy that, but otherwise the 350d (heck, the 300d) would suit you perfectly for a first dSLR. i have heard much good about the 350d, i think it's a great buy!

Most reactions

Back