Canon EOS 650 lens

bokeh2u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just bought the 7D & noticed that the lens of the 650 fits the 7D.
Does anyone know if the Canon EOS 650 lens will work on the 7D. Threads on the 650 fits the EOS 7D but not too sure about the electronics.
Did not turn on the camera afraid I might ruin the 7D.

Attachments

• $IMG_0010r.jpg
    $IMG_0010r.jpg
    759 KB · Views: 157
It will be fine.
All Canon EF lenses will fit and work on all Canon EOS cameras, film or digital.

The one thing to be careful of, is that Canon EF-S lenses, will only work on certain digital bodies. (The Rebels, 20D-60D & the 7D) So if you have an EF-S lens, it won't mount to the 650.

Your post is extremely vague.

WHAT lens is it that you had on your EOS 650? I'm talking what's the focal range of that lens, and what's the focal range of the other lens pictured. They appear to be EF lenses, but the ony on the right looks like it could be an EF-S lens.

Your post is extremely vague.

WHAT lens is it that you had on your EOS 650? I'm talking what's the focal range of that lens, and what's the focal range of the other lens pictured. They appear to be EF lenses, but the ony on the right looks like it could be an EF-S lens.

The one on the left is from 7D EFS 18-135 mm & the one on the right is from the EOS 650 EF 35-105 mm, just wondered if the EF lens will work on the 7D since it does fit but not sure about the electronics if it is compatible.

Yes, the EF lens will work fine on the 7D. But don't try and put the EF-s lens on your EOS650 because that will not end well. Any EF lens will work on any EOS camera, but only EF-s lenses will work on crop frame digitals (like the 7D).

Yes, the EF lens will work fine on the 7D. But don't try and put the EF-s lens on your EOS650 because that will not end well. Any EF lens will work on any EOS camera, but only EF-s lenses will work on crop frame digitals (like the 7D).

Thanks, I do not intend to use the 650 it is now retired. Going digital all the way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back