Canon EOS M10, help?

maria shirley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi!!
How are you?
I need some help to choose a lense for my camera.
In january I bought a Canon EOS M10, and it came with a 15-45mm lense.
And now I would like to buy a lense that blurs the background better, once I usually use the camera to take photos to other people (family, friends, etc).
I would like to know if any of the EF-M lenses are good at bluring the background or if I should by and EF or EF-S.
All of this, considering the fact that I dont want to spend more than 300$.. (and if I buy an EF or EF-S i also have to buy an adapter.
Thank you!!!

Maria

Hi!!
How are you?
And now I would like to buy a lense that blurs the background better, once I usually use the camera to take photos to other people (family, friends, etc).
I would like to know if any of the EF-M lenses are good at bluring the background or if I should by and EF or EF-S.
All of this, considering the fact that I dont want to spend more than 300$.. (and if I buy an EF or EF-S i also have to buy an adapter.
Thank you!!!

Maria

spend $29 on a generic ebay adapter and one of the Canon 100mm 2.8 lens - less than $250 !
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Hi!!
How are you?
Thank you!!!

Maria

spend $29 on a generic ebay adapter and one of the Canon 100mm 2.8 lens - less than $250 !
Where is this magic land of cheap lenses. New the 100mm f2.8 is going for around $599, Refurbished $475 and used from KEH for $379 while at B&H it is $440.

Hi!!
How are you?
Thank you!!!

Maria

thank you for your advice!!! :D

Hi!!
How are you?
Thank you!!!

Maria

Where is this magic land of cheap lenses. New the 100mm f2.8 is going for around $599, Refurbished $475 and used from KEH for $379 while at B&H it is $440.

look at DSLR buy / sell forums !
Hi!!
How are you?
Thank you!!!

Maria

the "magic land" for buying camera gear is here Photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums
and FM Forums

Canon 100mm 2.8 (non-L) has been around for 100 years

all listings for $300 or less !

Hi!!
How are you?
Thank you!!!

Maria

look at DSLR buy / sell forums !
Hi!!
How are you?
Thank you!!!

Maria

the "magic land" for buying camera gear is here Photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums
and FM Forums

Canon 100mm 2.8 (non-L) has been around for 100 years

all listings for $300 or less !
Yep in one year FM has had one 100mm f2.8 listed. It was the old 1990 version. No 100mm f2.8 USM's that came out in 2000 and several 100mm f2.8 LII's. Nothing like having a ready supply to choose from is there.

As for the Canon 100mm f2.8 it is only 27 years old, and the well liked 100mm f2.8 USM is only 17 years old. Nothing like reliable information to inspire confidence is there.

LOL !
the "magic" land for used Canon 100mm 2.8 non-L macro
Photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums

36572-1498405692-42ada8352d8e7c0a24bfec8c5128a731.jpg

the 100 year old lens ..... where are the emoji buttons ... can't inspire comedy here !

Hi!!
How are you?
Thank you!!!

Maria
EF-M 22 f2 can make your background blur, not so much like the 100mm discussed here, but enough to separate your object from the background. Another option is using 3rd party adapter with EF 50mm 1.8 STM.
Keep in mind because of the cropped sensor in eos m10, a 22mm lens will have a field of view of around 35mm in full frame, a 50mm have fov 80mm and 100mm lens will have fov of 160mm.
In my opinion, for casual shooting of family and friends from not too far distance, EF-M 22mm f2 or adapted EF 50mm f1.8, are easier because you don't have to move back too far from your object.
Please forgive my poor English.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back