Canon FD to EF adapter

Mithlondor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently came into a few lenses for a Canon FD camera (a fisheye and 2 macros). However, I have an EOS series camera. Do you guys know if there is an adapter for that sort of thing out there, and if so, hows the quality?

There are such adaptors avaliable.

The better ones, were made by Canon and were/are very limited. They made these for professional photographers who had large investments in FD lenses and were understandably upset when Canon changed to the EOS cameras without compatibility to their older lenses. You can probably find one of these on Ebay...but they are not cheap.

There are off-brand adaptors. I've never used one but most of what I've heard is that the quality is not great...and it's typically not worth the effort unless you are using some really great/expensive FD glass.

I’ve a non-Canon one, got it off of eBay. Can’t recall the sell but I think they where Canadian. Maybe Hunt or Brown Camera? The FD to EOS is one of the harder to find adapters. I only use it with a tilt-shift lens. So it does get used mush at all. The quality of machining is nice with no sharp edges. Mine has a glass element, also not sure how that effects the image quality. One probable I have read about, is that with FD lenses on EOS bodies they don’t focus at infinity. Not sure what that mite cause, because I have not used mine that often to know. Hope that help?

Well, with the macros, focusing to infinity isnt really an issue. With the fisheye it may be though. Thanks for the help!

Most reactions

Back