Canon g12 settings

emolina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently purchased a canon g12 and haven't had the time to master it, any suggestions on a website with helpful tips or excellent settings y'all have found?

Folks around here have a saying: "RTFM".

I'll let you figure that one out on your own, but your owners manual can help you with all your camera-related inquiries. If you don't have a manual download one online, and in case something is not in the manual then google has access to the sum total of human knowledge on photography. Good luck.

Yes I've RTFM but being a beginner I use the suggested settings, in the appropriate way and it seems the "auto" setting always comes out better than the specific setting. I will just have to play with it and see what works for me.

There is really no such thing as the 'right settings', it's more a case of understanding what the settings do and adjusting them to suit the type of shot you want to take.

I'd suggest you start by learning:
-What ISO is, how to change it, and the situations in which you would use a high or a low ISO
-What aperture is, how to change it and how it relates to exposure and depth of field
-What shutter speed, how to change it and how different speeds affect moving subjects.

Once you learn about those three basics you can begin to get a feel for what setting is appropriate in a given situation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back