Canon is the best.

GeorgiaOwl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What? You Nikon users don't think so?

Well, I know it to be a fact. How you say? I was in my local Wolf Camera picking up an extra battery and using the "rewards" credit that I got when I signed on with them after buying my D60 kit. A battery for $26, might as well get it there. Well, there was this fellow that came in and asked the nice lady behind the counter( they really were very, very nice and helpful) if she would explain ALL the DSLR cameras to him. :)

She told him to pick one, and she'd tell him about them. I don't know if he picked a Canon, Nikon, Olympus or what...but the next thing I hear her tell him is that "Canon is the best, and they go downhill from there..."

I did my "Jim face"( The Office) to my buddy and we shuffled on out. I thought it was pretty funny. I don't hold her opinion against her, but it was like someone walking into Best Buy and having a guy there tell them that Sony was "the best" and that was that.

So, what do you guys think? Is Canon really "the best?" :)

The best camera is the one that you hold in your hands and use to record what your eye (or heart) sees. As long as it performs the way you want it to, then that's the best camera you can own.

The best camera is the one that you hold in your hands and use to record what your eye (or heart) sees. As long as it performs the way you want it to, then that's the best camera you can own.

Very nicely put!

No because a white lens with a red ring will never get you laid. Girls just don't dig guys with no fashion sense. You ever seen a guy wearing black pants with white socks with a hot girl of course not.
Now Nikon with their black and gold style on the other hand, well just look at P-Diddy. The black and gold works really well. He's always surrounded by hot girls.

People Nikon is the best. At least that's what I tell the local photocontinetal guys.
LOL

Actually I had one guy try to tell me that Canon was so huge that if they wanted to they could buy out Nikon (who apparently only make cameras while canon make all sorts of consumer toys) using just their R&D budget. Guess he doesn't know that while canon is selling scanners and printers to consumers, Nikon is selling precision microscopes and lithography machines to industry and that on the whole it's a larger company. :lol: I doubt even Microsoft could buy out either company.

Btw Mike30D Welcome to the forum. You've made a hell of an entrance. It's safe to say the overall average sensibility of this forum increased with your arrival!

I think as salesman (saleswoman) she saw the inclination of that potential buyer. I had a canon film camera in the past and that kind of posession can influence my next purchase. But than I bought a samsung, than sony, than magxon (unknown), than also I tried my sister olympus and another sister's canon.
So when I bought this nikon there was no previous camera as the trigger. The reading around did all of it combined with my previous experience.

If I were the salesman, yes - I will yessing any buyer's mindset of wherever their direction is, as long as they dig their pocket all the way to the pit's end.

But also, maybe selling canons was for better profit margin, make sense?

This is a never ending battle of subjective opinion. This is why there are no Monopolies in the world because not everyone likes exactly the same things the exact same way, day in and day out.

I work in a very competitive industry (the energy, vitamin and supplement industry) and people's opinions on why they like certain products more than others, whether they be 'inferior' or not, vary so greatly that there can be no exact science to making the 'perfect' product.

Most reactions

Back