Canon/Nikon: The next major step is..

Coolest niche-function I've seen in a while is focus-bracketing. The new Leaf AFi has it. You can take up to seven exposures automatically at different focal points, and then composite the shots later on. This results in a massive DOF for landscape and architecture work if you can't or don't want to work with long exposure times and narrow apertures.

Ooohhhh... Sexy! :thumbup:

If HDR continues with its growing popularity, I would bet someone is going to build it into the camera. We are already 1/2 way there.... most cameras have auto exposure bracketing AND a fast enough frame per sec rate. All we need is built in HDR processing and a fancy interface to package it all up as a single in-camera function.

We do have that already in some models. It's not 96bpp or anything though. They just use it to recapture blown highlights and stuff.

Sensors with increased dynamic range would be good

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: +1000

That's really the #1 problem... the simple fact that the camera is incapable of doing what the human eye and brain do together. TBH sometimes I like the effect that this has, but in many cases it's incredibly annoying not being able to reproduce what we see without bizarro methods like HDR or filters.

No, it's not bracketing I don't think (??). I've seen it advertized is 3 different cameras. Two were SLRs I think and one was a bridge camera - the newer Fuji. I dunno if it is taking a second exposure or just just copying the one exposure, adjusting it's level, and merging the two (or three?). But the result is no blowouts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back