canon or nikon?

So tired of this debate. Buy what feels good in your hands. Both are good brands.

...I'm not trying to start a canon vs nikon war....

Honestly this type of post is almost impossible to not do just that:biggrin: This debate will rage through the ages and THANK GAWD for that. Competition between these two companies is why today's entry level bodys are worlds better than the best and most expensive DSLR's of only a few years ago.

As you rightly point out, this decision is all about the glass you value most. And only you can decide which company makes it.

I would like to make one small drop-in-the-ocean comment to add to the eternal debate: If you stay with Nikon and are looking for a decent midrange zoom without breaking the bank. Don't overlook the 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 DX. It's typically considered a "kit" lens because it was bundled with the D70 I think (not 100% on that), but it's not your typical kit lens. I have taken some shots with this lens and the folks over at Nikonians, sadly, were more impressed with the lenses performance than my shots I think LOL.

Buy a Leica M9 an end this thread. Mac vs PC, Canon vs Nikon are never ending debates is more based on personal preference.

The ladies prefer Nikon. Ask my precious friend Katie if you don't believe me
kneedragvl3.gif

SRW_3333-Edit.jpg

Who the bike or the lady behind it? Lol

kneedragvl3.gif

If you ask my girlfriend's photographic survey, 65% of people prefer Canon and 20% prefer Nikon.

209 for Canon
60 for Nikon

With 325 people reporting.

kneedragvl3.gif

If you ask my girlfriend's photographic survey, 65% of people prefer Canon and 20% prefer Nikon.

209 for Canon
60 for Nikon

Nice, but only for the sake of argument "325" may not be considered statistically accurate in the grand scheme of things. Plus the 60 may have been my friend Katie and her friends =)

kneedragvl3.gif

209 for Canon
60 for Nikon

Nice, but only for the sake of argument "325" may not be considered statistically accurate in the grand scheme of things. Plus the 60 may have been my friend Katie and her friends =)

For 325 people, it's a pretty laaaaaaaaaaaaaarge spread bro.

Its enough to keep us argueing about it till the end of time. And at that time I can take the Canon side of the debate and we start all over.

Meh..the best thing an aspiring shutterbug can do is flip a coin and start shooting. Stressing over which companies gear to buy is a pointless endeavor.

Meh..the best thing an aspiring shutterbug can do is flip a coin and start shooting. Stressing over which companies gear to buy is a pointless endeavor.

yeah but it makes for a great debate... sorta' like Ford and Chevy

Both are the same and if you're a glass nazi you can buy Zeiss mount primes for both... I shoot Nikon myself, but shoot Canon on occasion and both are fine depending on the lens. The only thing I don't like about the Canon optics is how the manual focus ring doesn't stop at infinity, but that's about it and will only bug you if you shoot a lot in manual focus like I do.

Screw all the research on specs, reviews and opinions. What you really need to ask yourself is which color do you like better, red or yellow?

THAT is how you choose between Canon and Nikon :thumbup:

yeah but it makes for a great debate... sorta' like Ford and Chevy

Audi vs. BMW is a more resonant analogy to me... When I hear Ford v. Chevy I'm thinking more along the lines of Holga v. Instagram. :lol:

get a canon 7d, i have one and its awesome, and imo canon glass is better quality

Most reactions

New Topics

Back