Canon Question

pez

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do the "full-frame" 5D lenses have the same mount as the APS lenses, and if so, do they perform as well with the smaller form factor?

Do the "full-frame" 5D lenses have the same mount as the APS lenses, and if so, do they perform as well with the smaller form factor?
yes the full frame EF lenses work with all canon eos dslr and film slr, canon pro grade L lenses only come in the full frame models

Yes, the full frame AF lenses will fit and work perfectly on a cropped frame camera. I have two of those and they work fine on my XTi.

Whatever, make the switch to nikon, all lenses work on crop cameras, while they are clearly specified (DX), if they don't. With the rant over, the question has been answered in previous posts.

Whatever, make the switch to nikon, all lenses work on crop cameras, while they are clearly specified (DX), if they don't. With the rant over, the question has been answered in previous posts.

Make the switch to Nikon because all lenses work on crop? Then you say DX if they don't fit? Which is it? All of Canon's current lenses fit on their crop bodies. All of them, period!

If they are designated EF-S, they will not fit full frame.

add it wrong or not 100% true, all Nikon SLR lenses (AF and MF) will mount on all Nikon SLR camera, but they will not work 100%, it’s mostly with lower models and of course a AF lens on a MF body will not AF

Just as Canon labels their APS format only lenses EF-S, and the 35mm & APS format lenses EF.

APS-C is EF-S and EF. APS-H (1D MKII, 1Dn MKII, 1D MKIII) is EF only.

If rumors are ture though, APS-H may be done as of the 1D MKIV. They're just rumors though.

Last edited:
APS-C is EF-S and EF. APS-H (1D MKII, 1Dn MKII, 1D MKIII) is EF-S only.

If rumors are ture though, APS-H may be done as of the 1D MKIV. They're just rumors though.
The APS-H is a 1.3 crop factor. Does the EF-S have a large enough image circle to work on those?

Maybe, bu the lens mount is different and it might not fit.

EF-S will mount onto an EF camera, but bad things like knocking the focusing screen out can occur.

So did you mean APS-H is AF only (as opposed to the stated AF-S)?

i heard if you use the ef s lenses the mirror hits them.

Most reactions

Back