Canon Rebel XTi

Matt 181

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to get into photography and I was wondering if the Canon Rebel XTi is a good beginner camera to start off with.

Welcome to the forum.

That would be a great camera for any beginner.

You might want to buy it without the lens though, and do a bit of research and buy the lens separately. I did the mistake of buying it with the lens and they're not that great. You can still get some very good shots with it, so don't get me wrong.

are you talking about the stock lens that comes with this camera Sergio? I'm thinking of getting this camera as well. I'm a beginner as well and have been searching the formums for advice on a camera. This one seems to be a hit... I want to take all types of pictures action/still/landscape.... is the stock lens not as good as others... what are some good lens to look for?

The kit 18-55 lens is garbage to be honest...I mean...if you need a zoom, it's ok...but as soon as I bought a cheap ($120CAD) 50mm 1.8 Canon I never touched the kit lens again.

I'd recommend the 50 1.8 from canon if you guys just want to learn...it's a great lens. Very fast, and you can get lots of shots you otherwise wouldn't get because of low light.

Love mine. Has never let me down. Always gets the job I need done (you have to know how to use it right, took me 2 months to get "good" but I'mmlearning daily. You'll get the hang of it. Enjoy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back