Canon s90 - do you have to be an expert to use it?

Lauren47

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After research and good input on this forum, I am pretty sure I want to get the s90 as an "everyday," easy to carry p&s camera.

My concern is - do you have to be a real photo expert to use it? If I hand it over to someone who has no photography experience and is used to only basic p&s cameras, will they be able to figure it out. I guess I'm kind of asking if the s90 has an "auto" mode and how good is it?

Thanks!

It's a camera. Not a human. Cameras are not smart and have zero artistic capability like good framing or composition. Auto makes ok photos. Nothing more.

Go to www.canonusa.com and the spec list will tell you if a s90 has 'auto' mode.

It is designed for regular folks to use. One need not be an expert to use an s90.

I'm wanting to get one under the guise that it's for my wife. It has good auto modes that will make her happy as well as full manual controls and raw format to make me happy. It's has a better zoom range than the larger G11 (for my intended purposes) and it will fit in a pocket. It's a win-win.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back