Canon T1i yfirst SLR

bbailey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got my first SLR, a Canon T1i and I am lost! I was trying to take pictures of my baby crawling today and they kept blurring. What mode is best for this type of photos? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

Moving subjects require a faster shutter speed in order to "freeze" the action. A faster shutter will also help counteract camera shake...

I STRONGLY suggest reading the manual (more than once... more than 10x if necesarry). It will REALLY help you learn the basics of your camera and the basics of photography.

I just got my first SLR, a Canon T1i and I am lost! I was trying to take pictures of my baby crawling today and they kept blurring. What mode is best for this type of photos? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!
It would help if you upload an example photo. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html

What shooting mode are you trying to use?

Blur can be from camera shake (you moved) or subject motion (your baby moved. Your camera has 3 focusing modes.

Start by reading your camera users manual, and have your camera with you as you do.

A camera does not work like our eyes do. What is enough light for our eyes to work, particularly indoors, is nowhere near enough light for the camera to take pictures of moving objects like crawling babies.

Until you have a better basic understanding of how the camera works and it's features, I recommend you leave it in the green AUTO mode.

try putting in sports mode, that should solve the problem, as for using the M mode, start trying with a 250 shutter speed, and going up until you find the right still photo, if you have low light, don't hesitate to open your flash, and you can also make you flash brighter through the menu.
test to learn :)
but still read the books ......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back