Canon T3 and Nikon D3000

New_image

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had my heart set on the Nikon D90 or D7000 after some help from you folks in another thread however, what can anyone tell me about either of these two? (Canon T3 and Nikon D3000) They are much lower in price and I have found an excellent deal on either one for this weekend only. I am wondering if with a good lens, would either make a nice place to start or should I just not waste the money?

Looking to move out of my every day camera and into something to learn with. I take a lot of out door and moving shots.

Theres no such thing as a "bad place to start". Get the most camera for your budget and go from there. 50mm prime is a great place to start on any camera.

All the pics you ever see from me on here except film shots are taken with a T3. Go to my profile, and to my Flickr. You'll see that the image quality is great.

Sent using PhotoForum

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a T3 as a backup now but used it a lot and still do when hiking and such. I love it. It's a great camera and even though it is the bottom level rebel it leaves a lot of room to grow. The 18-55 kit lens is not too bad and will give great results for starting out. They are on sale right now at amazon for under 450. Fwiw they have mostly 5 star reviews if you buy into every thing you read on the net.

I wouldn't hesitate recommending it.

Canon's T3 and Nikon's D3000 are the most basic DSLR's either company offers, which is why they are the lowest in price.

Nikon's entry-level grade DSLRs are offered in 2 tiers.

The D90 and D7000 are in the upper entry-level tier and have - 2 command wheels, a top LCD, CLS Commander mode (for off camera flash). In addition, the D7000 has a 39 focus points (9 cross-type) and has more external controls so you spend less time menu diving.

Most reactions

Back