Canon T70 First roll developed.

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Canon T70. Neat Camera. Not sure if I love it or not yet. May give it away as I am working on reviving a Nikon N75 from the graveyard. I may need to shoot a few more roles through it. I have to figure out how to shoot manual with it. I am a little confused after looking at the first roll. I took good notes, I think I know what going on in the general shots. The 2 macro shots I nailed because of the work Derrel and Joe helped me with when using the D3300, so it proves I understand the end result. No post work done.

#1 Tired Boy. FD 50mm 1.8
01-001 (3).jpg

#2 reflection with smoke, FD 50mm 1.8
01-018 (3).jpg

#3 Auction cover. FD 100mm 1.4
01-018.jpg

#4 My boy, FD 50mm 1.8
01-021 (2).jpg

#5 FD 100mm F1.4
01-024.jpg

Oh MY GOD, the 4th one is sooooo cuteee, I will steal that dog from you ( just kidding), nice pic, I also like the first one, but the background it's a little bit with noise.

Oh MY GOD, the 4th one is sooooo cuteee, I will steal that dog from you ( just kidding), nice pic, I also like the first one, but the background it's a little bit with noise.

Thanks. Yeah, I am still trying to figure the camera out. I could smoke it out in post, may some day. The metering system lingo is different than what I am used to, so still experimenting. reading the manual plus seeing the first roll and notes tells me a lot. I think I could change the ISO to compensate for exposure + or -. Also, I am going to shoot a roll of 200 ISO to see what that yields before I mess with the ISO setting on the camera. Now that I figured out the metering, should have better results next roll.

Thanks. Yeah, I am still trying to figure the camera out. I could smoke it out in post, may some day. The metering system lingo is different than what I am used to, so still experimenting. reading the manual plus seeing the first roll and notes tells me a lot. I think I could change the ISO to compensate for exposure + or -. Also, I am going to shoot a roll of 200 ISO to see what that yields before I mess with the ISO setting on the camera. Now that I figured out the metering, should have better results next roll.
Yea you can change the ISO, in the first one what ISO had you used??

Well, it was Fuji 400 Superia X-tra and I had the T70 set for ISO 400.

I have Kodak Gold 200, Fuji 200.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well, it's a film camera, so using the exposure compensation is not really "changing ISO" as much as fooling the meter into thinking the camera is loaded with a different speed film. It's not altering the actual sensitivity of the film to light. The exposure compensation is often used basically when you want to override the settings that the camera is choosing for you - for example, when you want to expose for shadow but the meter is exposing for highlights (or vice versa.)

As for the grain (not noise - that term is for digital), that's as much a function of the film and development as it is the exposure. I actually really like it in the first shot, which is my favorite of the bunch (that and the stamp macro :) ) and I also think it was the correct exposure for that scene.

Last edited:

Well, it was Fuji 400 Superia X-tra and I had the T70 set for ISO 400.

I have Kodak Gold 200, Fuji 200.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Some colour films work better if you over expose so you shoot the 400 @ 200 and have it developed as if it was shot at 400

Most reactions

Back