Can't afford PS

Any classic rock fans out there? I'm going to see Van Halen in a few weeks with the original David Lee Roth. Their 1st stop on tour, Kentucky!

Any classic rock fans out there? I'm going to see Van Halen in a few weeks with the original David Lee Roth. Their 1st stop on tour, Kentucky!

I saw them a few times back when they were good. Before "VanHagar... I'd be afraid to see them now... I can't picture David Lee Roth dropping his pants for War Memorial Auditorium (which has been torn down) today. Kind of scares me thinking about it.

Hey Luv if you still have a student e-mail you can use that to receive student discounts. Most schools careless since they have massive storage avaiable, give it a try and use that discount for PS or LR3.

Hey Luv if you still have a student e-mail you can use that to receive student discounts. Most schools careless since they have massive storage avaiable, give it a try and use that discount for PS or LR3.

You can get it on academic superstore for $200 bucks. I am a student and so is my teenage son, but it is the teacher/student addition. Saw the same price on amazon, hmmmmmm....Pluis, when i had the trial of photoshop, laundry didn't get done, house was a mess, LOL!! It's a sick addiction. I love it.

Yes, it does become an addiction especailly LR, I would also look in those Adobe classroom room books, for getting your feet wet. Just saying reading if fun lol.

luvmyfamily said:
You can get it on academic superstore for $200 bucks. I am a student and so is my teenage son, but it is the teacher/student addition. Saw the same price on amazon, hmmmmmm....Pluis, when i had the trial of photoshop, laundry didn't get done, house was a mess, LOL!! It's a sick addiction. I love it.

Teacher/student edition isn't any different. It's fully functioning - same as if you bought it w/o student discount.
I believe there is something different concerning upgrades but I don't know for sure.

luvmyfamily said:

Teacher/student edition isn't any different. It's fully functioning - same as if you bought it w/o student discount.
I believe there is something different concerning upgrades but I don't know for sure.
I will check into it.

luvmyfamily said:
I will check into it.

I think....you can't upgrade to a newer version - you would have to buy it outright again - which is probably pretty similar to the price of an upgrade with student/teacher discount. I have a copy of photoshop elements 9 if you want to buy it cheap! ;)

luvmyfamily said:
I will check into it.

I think....you can't upgrade to a newer version - you would have to buy it outright again - which is probably pretty similar to the price of an upgrade with student/teacher discount. I have a copy of photoshop elements 9 if you want to buy it cheap! ;)
Thanks for the offer, but thinking I will go with PS elements 10...still shopping. :)

luvmyfamily said:

The only difference is the EULA (End User License Agreement) that few ever read.

Student Editions can only be installed on one computer at a time. The full retail EULA allows installing on 2 computers.
Additionally, Student Editions cannot be re-sold. eBay, for example, deletes any auctions that offer Adobe Student Editions.

If you have a legal Student Edition of a release level that qualifies for upgrade pricing of a new release level, and you can get upgrade pricing. However, if you still qualify to purchase as a student the student pricing may be lower than the upgrade pricing. If so just get the new Student Edition.

Adobe only sells a Student Edition of CS5 Extended which has 3-D and Scientific functions/features. They do not sell a Student Edition of just CS5.
While the Student Edition of CS5 Extended is $199, the upgrade price of CS5 Extended is $349.

Last edited:
luvmyfamily said:

The only difference is the EULA (End User License Agreement) that few ever read.

Student Editions can only be installed on one computer at a time. The full retail EULA allows installing on 2 computers.
Additionally, Student Editions cannot be re-sold. eBay, for example, deletes any auctions that offer Adobe Student Editions.

If you have a legal Student Edition of a release level that qualifies for upgrade pricing of a new release level, and you can get upgrade pricing. However, if you still qualify to purchase as a student the student pricing may be lower than the upgrade pricing. If so just get the new Student Edition.

Adobe only sells a Student Edition of CS5 Extended which has 3-D and Scientific functions/features. They do not sell a Student Edition of just CS5.
While the Student Edition of CS5 Extended is $199, the upgrade price of CS5 Extended is $349.

Thanks for the info. I'd rather just get a copy on like amazon to be honest. :)

OK, not a problem. You save $10 buying on Amazon rather than direct from Adobe. It all comes from the same place - Adobe - and has the same restricted EULA.

Adobe Photoshop Extended CS5 Student and Teacher Edition

You'll still need to provide your qualifying information to Adobe to get a valid license key from them.

Please note: Adobe Student & Teacher Edition products are for students and educators only. If you (or the person you are buying the product for) are a student or educator, you may use any Adobe Student Edition product; however, Adobe limits use to only one product per student, which is why Amazon.com customers may only purchase one copy of each product. Additionally, you may not sell this product on Amazon Marketplace.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
OK, not a problem. You save $10 buying on Amazon rather than direct from Adobe. It all comes from the same place - Adobe - and has the same restricted EULA.

Adobe Photoshop Extended CS5 Student and Teacher Edition

You'll still need to provide your qualifying information to Adobe to get a valid license key from them.

Please note: Adobe Student & Teacher Edition products are for students and educators only. If you (or the person you are buying the product for) are a student or educator, you may use any Adobe Student Edition product; however, Adobe limits use to only one product per student, which is why Amazon.com customers may only purchase one copy of each product. Additionally, you may not sell this product on Amazon Marketplace.

Thanks again. I also think I heard you can do some kind of a monthly plan with CS5. Can't remember where I heard that but will have to check into it.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
luvmyfamily said:
Thanks again. I also think I heard you can do some kind of a monthly plan with CS5. Can't remember where I heard that but will have to check into it.

I believe that's something new that is coming with cs6. It's not out yet - at least I don't think so. But, you'd be better of buying it outright with a student discount.

Photoshop Elements 10 would be my choice. Here's why: you said you "can't afford PS..." Which to me says you WANT it, but it's not in the budget... YET. Eventually it will be. So, start with the extremely capable stripped down version of Photoshop CS. Elements is an awesome program and extremely capable for an editing program!!!

I downloaded the trial version last week, and to my surprise, found it to be very user friendly, especially for someone like myself who has used nothing but Nikon View NX2 and Olympus Viewer 2. I particularly liked the 3 different editing tabs that allows you to edit and learn step by step, rather then being completely over whelmed with the "full" option, and getting frustrated nearly every step of the way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back