cant figure out my printer

kennyqaz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have a canon pro9000 mark II and i cant cant get the print resolution over 600 dpi. my old epson printed at 720dpi. it says it will print at max 4200dpi. seeing if anybody knew how to get it up. thats what she said.

Does it make a difference on the final image?

I don't do much serious printing (I use a good lab) but I've always heard that you should just leave the DPI up to the printer.

do not really know if it does, just thought it would. thanks for the reply

Unless your doing some really fine and detailed work. Even going past 720 let alone finer, is a waste of ink so they say. The norm is considered 300. Which is a very good coverage. Anything above 600 or so your probably wasting time if not ink as well. Not sure how its wasting ink but they say its wasting ink. In my opinion the biggest deal is time. And going to the very fine prints takes alot of time and you probably can't even see the difference with the eye.

I only have Epson printers, but to get to the finer print settings you might need to go into an advanced mode of operation. Paper selection choice may be a factor as the printer may not give you the option of printing finer unelss you specify a paper that can handle it. Not sure but that is my guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back