Can't find a title for this one.

Hobbes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was walking around in the downtown area earlier and took this picture. I kinda like it but I am sure if it is really that good or not so I guess I am in need of c&c or whatever.

IMG_275c.jpg

From a technical perspective it's a little underexposed and the color is off I think... unless I was just dawn. Kinda orange.

Other than that, I don't personally find it too interesting... kind of muddled... like you were taking a shot of a building and some random cars rudely got in your way (by the way this is a maddening problem in my commercial real estate work :lol: I'll stand around for 20 minutes trying to get a car-free shot.)

Trying to be a bit more helpful here...

What are you trying to capture? Think about what is interesting about your subject and try to get that and make it really show in the shot. Ls3D is basically trying to do this by taking the more distracting elements out.

Consider what's in your shot... is it valuable to the shot or not? What are the cars doing? Why are they there? How do they contribute to (or take away from) what you are trying to accomplish?

etc.

Well I remember seeing a picture of a police car on a very busy street in New York city and I found it very interesting because you could clearly see what a huge city it is and how chaotic it could be there but you know I think what's wrong with my picture. I should have used a tripod or a much longer shutterspeed probably aruond 1/5 so the cars in the background would be blurred because they were moving so the police car and the buildings in the background would become the main subject... Oh well I guess I will have to go out and TRY to retake that picture that is if I will ever find a police car parked at the same spot. - lol

Thanks for pointing out though I mean I know I sometimes would just lift my camera and press the shutterbutton without really thinking what I was doing and which part of the picture I wanted to make more clear. I guess in order to take a truly good picture you have to stay calm and take your time which could be hard for a hyperactive person like me to do :D I will TRY to keep what you said in mind the next time I go out and take picture ;) thanks again for the advice.

Most reactions

Back