Can't Put My Finger On It

H4X1MA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Recently bought some extension tubes, I still have a long way to go with these things, getting a good DOF is a nightmare.

C&C encouraged, I myself think that this is a "meh" shot.

This is going to sound like a $marta.. comment but it's the first thing that came to my mind. You cut off the finger and the bug is not on a ROT spot. I was thinking that if the bug was in the upper right ROT, you would get all of the finger and it may be a little stronger image. just my two cents.

This is going to sound like a $marta.. comment but it's the first thing that came to my mind. You cut off the finger and the bug is not on a ROT spot. I was thinking that if the bug was in the upper right ROT, you would get all of the finger and it may be a little stronger image. just my two cents.

I don't disagree, however this image was not cropped so getting the full finger wouldn't be possible. It was actually a lucky shot as it is, I had just sat back down in my car after chasing bugs, looked down, and this guy was on my finger. I swear, some insects want to be famous, while others are all antisocial.

I actually disagree. I like the way you framed it. While the finger is definitely a part of the subject matter, having more of it would take away from the bug...your true main subject here. Also, the way you have it framed, you have empty space in the upper left part of the frame which gives the viewer a sense of where the bug might be going when it leaves your finger. For me, this is a good composition. What it lacks is good lighting. Your DOF is definitely shallow, but the bug is in focus which is what matters. Getting some better light would help. Do you have a flash? If so, I'd suggest you experiment with flash.

I could probably help a bit more if I knew your setup and settings for the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back