Cape Kiwanda

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a great spectacle of Cape Kiwanda. Large waves crash here and carve away at the west end of the cape. The west end shows evidence of erosion. When the waves crash just right, the surf shoots up 40 feet, and all bystanders are at risk of getting wet. But the payoff is this nice drainage pattern (as long as you can manage to keep yourself and camera equipment dry)!

Kiwanda by Majeed Badizadegan (Rotanimod), on Flickr

Really good compositional angle ... Love the sweep of the sky. Reminds me of why I so love the OR coast.

Really good compositional angle ... Love the sweep of the sky. Reminds me of why I so love the OR coast.

Thanks! I understand the love of the Oregon coast. how could you not ;)?

Nice shot. This has a very calming affect on the viewer, at least it did on me.

WesternGuy

Very nice - Everything in it right place (quote "Radiohead")
Super well balanced image IMO.

That is beautiful, thanks for sharing. This is in the US?

He lives in a magical land where there are scenic vistas around every corner.

And you live in Maine with Acadia and Schoodik Point and a very rich coastline...pobrecito, nothing for you, eh? I can't wait to get back up there to shoot again with more time than just a nasty, cold rainy day.

$schoodik point.jpg

And you live in Maine with Acadia and Schoodik Point and a very rich coastline...pobrecito, nothing for you, eh? I can't wait to get back up there to shoot again with more time than just a nasty, cold rainy day.

True, but it's a trek to get out there. I live in the part of Maine that is flat, featureless and mostly wetlands. Kinda like Florida, but with less reptiles.

Just jerking your chain, Runnah ;)...it's a lovely state and I really enjoyed the flatland as much as the coastline. I only wish I could have gotten further north. Next summer it is that and into Newfoundland/Nova Scotia.

Just jerking your chain, Runnah ;)...it's a lovely state and I really enjoyed the flatland as much as the coastline. I only wish I could have gotten further north. Next summer it is that and into Newfoundland/Nova Scotia.

It's just funny. People always think of Maine as this mountain filled state when in reality it is very flat and very damp.

WesternGuy said:
Nice shot. This has a very calming affect on the viewer, at least it did on me.

WesternGuy

Definitely! But when you're up there, there's sustained winds of 25mph and the looming chance of taking an unwanted saltwater bath, so in person not so peaceful ;)

RobN185 said:
Very nice - Everything in it right place (quote "Radiohead")
Super well balanced image IMO.

Thanks, glad you like!

Michael79 said:

Yep! One of the many wonders of the Oregon coast

runnah said:

I lol'd

runnah said:
True, but it's a trek to get out there. I live in the part of Maine that is flat, featureless and mostly wetlands. Kinda like Florida, but with less reptiles.

Note to self. Maine is a featureless wasteland with less alligators than Florida.

This is a great spectacle of Cape Kiwanda. Large waves crash here and carve away at the west end of the cape. The west end shows evidence of erosion. When the waves crash just right, the surf shoots up 40 feet, and all bystanders are at risk of getting wet. But the payoff is this nice drainage pattern (as long as you can manage to keep yourself and camera equipment dry)!

Kiwanda by Majeed Badizadegan (Rotanimod), on Flickr

This is an outstanding picture!!

I love the colors and the exposure is very well done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back