Crash

Just beautiful, Majeed. Happy New Year!!

Really nice! The motion blur in the water give that last extra that make this photo stunning!

Thanks everyone. These breakers can easily exceed 10 feet even in mild conditions. The sound of big waves hitting the far side of the cape can be a downright scary rumble at times.

I am astonished at the reception this one has gotten, since I see it rather differently and more negatively.

It feels cluttered and disorganized, to me. It's a collection of extremely pretty elements, to be sure. The light on the rocks is terrific, the water is has some beautiful colors. There's some echoing of the motion of the water in the strata and posture of the rock. There are in fact so many nice things to look it that it winds up incoherent and excessively busy.

Then there is the background horizon with the pretty unappealing range of hills. The third rock, the small one furthest out, feels quite unnecessary. I feel like the guts of the image is somewhere roughly as I have cropped here, but it still feels a bit busy, cluttered, and disorganized. I want to reduce it to the motion-blurred water and the middle rock, where the streaks in the water most echo the lines of the rock's strata, but that would require standing somewhere else, I think (possibly at some point inconveniently located in the air, or somewhere similarly inaccessible).

$foo.jpg

I like your crop amolitor.

Why flip horizontal invisible?

Most reactions

Back