What's new

Capistrano Beach. Just passing through. Critque welcome

I too, like the ghosting, and the ocean in the background WOW! That adds beautiful touch, I like it alot :) I think you did a great job :) But I too am an amateur and just take pics as a hobby, mostly of plants, and sky, the moon :)
 
Nice photo, but I wish the photo were taken two or three steps to the left. I love beach shots, but not too fond of massive pillars blocking my view of the beautiful scenery. :cheers:
 
While I get what you are after - and its a decent to good idea, the photo is put off track by a technical issue, at least in my eyes.
Your torsos are suitably 'ghosted' because the background is dark and varied but your wife's legs have almost their natural color because of the white wall background.

Desaturating just her legs helped some but it still isn't a perfect result.
Good try, all the rest of the technical stuff worked out OK.

1wl2.jpg
[/QUOT

Thanks and yes I noticed that as well but since I love my wife's legs I didn't mind it but technically speaking you are correct. :) Thanks for taking the time to look and post.
 
I too, like the ghosting, and the ocean in the background WOW! That adds beautiful touch, I like it alot :) I think you did a great job :) But I too am an amateur and just take pics as a hobby, mostly of plants, and sky, the moon :)

Yes I am very green as well and can't see some of the technical flaws in photos that other seasoned photographers may see but that's why I am here. As I progress and get critiques I started to notice more. My first attempts I didn't even notice my horizon was crooked! It takes time like anything else. Some are just gifted and shoot magazine quality photos out the gate but others (like me) have to pay their dues. Thanks for the nice comment and taking time to post.
 
Nice photo, but I wish the photo were taken two or three steps to the left. I love beach shots, but not too fond of massive pillars blocking my view of the beautiful scenery. :cheers:

Not 2-3 steps left but cropped tighter. I didn't like our positioning and my foot is almost not see through at all so I went with the other photo but the pillars are some what gone. Thanks for posting PropilotBW.

$Capo Beach #1 (1 of 1).webp
 
Last edited:
Some are just gifted and shoot magazine quality photos out the gate but others (like me) have to pay their dues.

Believe me, that's rare.
Most people have to work at it and the harder one works the faster one progresses.
Work will make you skilled; if you are lucky you will have some artistic talent to go along with it.
 
Some are just gifted and shoot magazine quality photos out the gate but others (like me) have to pay their dues.

Believe me, that's rare.
Most people have to work at it and the harder one works the faster one progresses.
Work will make you skilled; if you are lucky you will have some artistic talent to go along with it.

In 99% of cases you are right but from surfing, snowboarding and martial arts (my other hobbies) I have noticed there is always that one guy who is like this is my second day (they look like they have been doing it forever) and I am looking at them and thinking I was terrible my 2nd day. Makes me want to trip them. :) no just kidding.
 
Mike...cool it. Anyway, like the idea of your shot. Like snerd said we are not guaranteed tomorrow, so take care of today. Your creativity is showing. Besides Capistrano is a beautiful place. It must have changed a lot now since I was there in the '90. Just like everything else we are not guaranteed continuity.
 
Mike...cool it. Anyway, like the idea of your shot. Like snerd said we are not guaranteed tomorrow, so take care of today. Your creativity is showing. Besides Capistrano is a beautiful place. It must have changed a lot now since I was there in the '90. Just like everything else we are not guaranteed continuity.

Yeah it has changed a lot but is still the same. You know how that goes. We get older but usually our core of who we are remains. Is the "Mike...........cool it" because I tend to make my picture temp to cool? Or am I in the back seat spazing out? My dad used to say that to me a lot :). Thanks for posting and looking IzzieK.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom