Capital in Fall

MyCameraEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mycameraeye.com
I shot this picture in late fall in 2005. I have two regrets about this shot, I wish I had used a polarizer or a grad filter to help out the sky some and I think it could have been a bit sharper if I shot it at a higher f/stop though I really liked the composition so I thought I would share.

20060219161920_capital_small.jpg

Yes. I think you are right. This is a very pleasing composition of something that I am looking forward to see with my own eyes soon :D.
(So this composition has also gone ... what the he** is left for me :scratch: )

Corinna, if it makes you feel better, I have not shot the jefferson yet and consequently, it's my favorite of all the monuments. :meh:

LaFoto said:
Yes. I think you are right. This is a very pleasing composition of something that I am looking forward to see with my own eyes soon :D.
(So this composition has also gone ... what the he** is left for me :scratch: )

Ah. Goodie.
I can still snatch the "best photo ever of Jefferson" away from you :D.
Oh. Erm :er: that is ... unless JM hasn't taken that one already :roll: :confused:

Thank you sooooooooo much! :irked:

;)

Not too worry, you will have plenty of things to shoot when you get here, Some of these things in D.C. are some of the nations most OVER-SHOT subjects in the entire world. You will have to find some creative ways to distinguuish your shots and make them different. That is the challenge if you ask me.

Scott

i think the shot's great! the colors are nice, the comp is nice, overall nice work! :thumbup::thumbup:

Scott,

you and I shot the Jefferson Memorial from the bridge the first time we met up, remember? (sorry LaFoto.)

I've been telling LaFoto that there is still so much to shoot, and whatever she takes isn't going to look like our stuff anyway...it's gonna be taken with the eye of LaFoto. She'll do fine!

This is true though, I did not shoot it close up in detail or anything. It was more or less the building around the memorial from a great distance at 55mm which does not make it a great subject capture. To me that did not count :) but technically, you are or course correct. I was trying to be nice.

Most reactions

Back