=Capture a stranger street style=

Not quite street style, but strangers nontheless.
img5652copyfiltered.jpg

Rest assured, Rob: these two are new! :D

Here are some more.

More taken in Berlin in summer 2006:

3967824521_0c8d79ff07_o.jpg

3968598556_8926c91fcc_o.jpg

3968601324_a873e2ef97_o.jpg

And here one to go with the pink hair in Rob's previous post, taken in Stockholm/Sweden (Gröna Lund Park) in summer 2008:

3967821611_134334b72e_o.jpg

And just another one from there:

3968593536_349e37bb49_o.jpg

Here's a few I've taken over the years. I'd love some feedback for improvement. Also, a question. Do I have to have a model release of public photo's I want to enter in comtests when the prize is money or equipment? Almost all contest rules I've reviewed call for one.

DSC_0231.jpg

018_15-2clouds2.jpg

A couple of things. If you live in the U.S. any image you make in public property is yours to do as you please. This is still protected under the 1st amendment..Of course this is one of the things that the administration wants to change, but until then, it is fair game.

As far as your images good, they are good, but not great according to what ''street photography'' is (which I still do not know)
The first is a good street portrait because you have a full face and eye contact..As a street photo, it is missing context so you need more scene. So what you have here is an interesting character and good street portrait...

Now the image with the three kids in it is a great photo. It would not be considered street, because there is no street that I can see, but it fits this thread very well...All in all, I enjoyed your images and look forward to seeing more of them. :)

Also, a question. Do I have to have a model release of public photo's I want to enter in comtests when the prize is money or equipment? Almost all contest rules I've reviewed call for one.

A couple of things. If you live in the U.S. any image you make in public property is yours to do as you please. This is still protected under the 1st amendment..Of course this is one of the things that the administration wants to change, but until then, it is fair game.
To my knowledge, none of that is correct.

Recognizable faces and even buildings may not be used for commercial purposes without a legal release by the model or their agent or, in the case of recognized buildings, by the property owner.

As the stipulation in most contests includes the right for them to use the image for "any" purpose (that would include commercial purposes - and if you didn't know this, start reading the fine print for these contests), they insist on model releases so that they don't get a lawsuit later on if and when they use the image for something. The same is true for publications such as magazines.

As far as I know, this has been the case for a really long time, and the administration is not interested in making any changes to the current laws regarding this.

The two opinions seem to speak to the difference between being able to 'shoot' the photo versus its later use.

Also, a question. Do I have to have a model release of public photo's I want to enter in comtests when the prize is money or equipment? Almost all contest rules I've reviewed call for one.

To my knowledge, none of that is correct.

Recognizable faces and even buildings may not be used for commercial purposes without a legal release by the model or their agent or, in the case of recognized buildings, by the property owner.

As the stipulation in most contests includes the right for them to use the image for "any" purpose (that would include commercial purposes - and if you didn't know this, start reading the fine print for these contests), they insist on model releases so that they don't get a lawsuit later on if and when they use the image for something. The same is true for publications such as magazines.

As far as I know, this has been the case for a really long time, and the administration is not interested in making any changes to the current laws regarding this.

Better to error on the side of caution for sure...So if your not sure or not comfortable, don't do it.

I did spend some time on this a while back because I have quite a collection of celebrity images that I thought about selling to TMZ a while back along with some video..In the end I decided not to, because photography is my hobby...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back