Car in the sunset

TordFuglstad

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So today I took this photo of a car in the middle of a field covered in snow.
I was actually sitting inside watching TV and just looked outside the window to find this sunset.
So I just grabbed my camera with the 50mm F1.8 and put on some warm clothes.
Just 5 minutes after I got this shot the sunset was gone.
So what do you think of this photo?
C&C is very welcome :)

$20120317-_TF11887.jpg

Last edited:
I think you have an amazing view at your home! Beautiful capture!

I love it! Good job getting there in time!

wow, amazing shot! Such beautiful colors & details...very nice!

Awesome shot! Beautiful colors!

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Works for me!

Beautiful, stunning colors. The only two minor suggestions I would make are 1) get rid of the houses/buildings on the right, and 2) move the truck more to the left side. With the first suggestion my thought is that the car should be the only man-made object in the photo. With the second suggestion my thought is that, for me, the headlights are the focal point of the photo and, right now, they're dead center; it'd be nice to see them slightly off center. Excellent photo, though. Really really like it.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the good feedback! :) Makes me happy.

I disagree. I think the vehicle makes this shot. But that's just me

The vignette isn't working for me. It's trying too hard. I also wish that there would be more colors bouncing off the white body panels. The car looks too white, too close to the snow color to stand out. Right now, the sky dominates the photograph. To me it's not balanced, because its emphasis is on the background.

Perhaps if the shot was taken in HDR and you can selectively leave just the car in HDR, the car would grab more attention that it deserves.

I think its cool a relaxed setting.

Good looking capture, but it's not doing much for me other than looks...may be I'm not getting what you're communicating with it. IMO this is a chance to show the harshness of winter, for which I'd suggest a couple of things. First, if could get another car (or a step ladder or whatever), you can get to a higher point and shoot down on the car with the sky background - that'd highlight the plight of the car stuck in the snow. Next, I'd turn on the lights inside the car as well as its headlights to add life and amplify the car's plight that's trying to get out. It'll also add the nice blue/orange contrast in the scene for additional visual appeal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back