Car in the sunset

I like the shot. I agree the vehicle should be moved more to the left and crop the buildings out. One thing I don't like is I think the DOF is too shallow. Have you tried B&W conversion on this as well? The old car and the sky colors may create some great contrast and may fit more with the older car.

Good looking capture, but it's not doing much for me other than looks...may be I'm not getting what you're communicating with it. IMO this is a chance to show the harshness of winter, for which I'd suggest a couple of things. First, if could get another car (or a step ladder or whatever), you can get to a higher point and shoot down on the car with the sky background - that'd highlight the plight of the car stuck in the snow. Next, I'd turn on the lights inside the car as well as its headlights to add life and amplify the car's plight that's trying to get out. It'll also add the nice blue/orange contrast in the scene for additional visual appeal.

Thank you. Sometimes you don't really need to communicate much with a photo, this was about the sunset and i thought the car would bring something more into the picture than just some dark hills and distant houses. As I said I didn't have very much time, and definitively not any time to bring out a step ladder with me. These sunsets rarely occurs where I live so you can't really plan anything like that. As you probably can see, the car has been standing there for a very long time, we had -16/-18C in december and so much snow you couldn't even se the car. :p
My point being, this isn't my car and even if it was my car the battery would be very dead. But I do appreciate de constructive criticism as it gives me ideas for future shots.

Thank you very much for the feedback everyone! :)

I think the TRUCK makes the shot...:mrgreen:

Even though your background is blurred, your focus is on the truck, which works well. Good work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back