Car photoshoot attempt

sick stance on that 2k :O
Thanks buddy,
It's my friend Tucker's s2k, but me and some other friends were the ones to put it together
He doesn't know how to use tools haha
They're 18x10 +25 non-staggered with I think it was 215/35/18 tires.

18x10 non-staggered :O Did they have to mod the front fender to pull that off? I have 20x10 + 43 30 series on my rear (07 Maxima), but I can only manage 8.5 35's on the front without modding :(

sick stance on that 2k :O
Thanks buddy,
It's my friend Tucker's s2k, but me and some other friends were the ones to put it together

18x10 non-staggered :O Did they have to mod the front fender to pull that off? I have 20x10 + 43 30 series on my rear (07 Maxima), but I can only manage 8.5 35's on the front without modding :(

Yeah totally. Stock on this car is like 16x7 +55 front and 16x8 +65 rear.
So we rolled the fenders a lot, and we pulled the front fenders a bit.
But since it's cambered and got stretched tires, it makes fitment a bit easier
That and spring rates that make your teeth shatter.
We're trying to go lower in the front, so we're going to flare the fenders and bit and see what we can do.

Thanks buddy,

Yeah totally. Stock on this car is like 16x7 +55 front and 16x8 +65 rear.
So we rolled the fenders a lot, and we pulled the front fenders a bit.
But since it's cambered and got stretched tires, it makes fitment a bit easier
That and spring rates that make your teeth shatter.
We're trying to go lower in the front, so we're going to flare the fenders and bit and see what we can do.

Gotta love Cali where you can drop a car low enough to crush ants. I'm at my max in VT (4") and it's already a problem. Found out I cracked a header by buttoming out before the flex pipe >.<

Keep the pics coming after you drop it again :D

For shoots and stuff I'd take off the rear license plate too
Why? :scratch:

To make photos of the car look cleaner? To deter theft of the car?

The lights weren't high enough and really should have been modified.

Using more lights would be more dramatic. Some rim lighting, some light in the passenger compartment, snooted light on the wheels, some light under the car, etc.

I'm no expert, but based on the photos posted I'd get more lights, put them further away and soften them up a little.

Nice car BTW. :D I drove one a couple of years back love the handling.

I hate car threads just about as much as gun threads. People totally lose track of what this forum is about. I couldn't care less what kind of car this is. However, as someone who shoots cars almost daily, I have to say those shots suck. Big time.

The fact that you posted those tells me you are more into cars than into photography so, go post those in a car forum.

I hate car threads just about as much as gun threads. People totally lose track of what this forum is about. I couldn't care less what kind of car this is. However, as someone who shoots cars almost daily, I have to say those shots suck. Big time.

The fact that you posted those tells me you are more into cars than into photography so, go post those in a car forum.

he's not really going to get good photography advice in a car forum. if he posts those in a car forum everybody is going to say they look awesome (or the people who arent open minded are gonna bash the car, which is a whole other discussion lol). when you put a lot of money and hard work into a car, its nice to be able to take a good photos of them, which is why we come here for that.
the pictures posted here are 100x better than any ive taken of my car, and on car forums ive got nothing but compliments. just because some of us might like cars more than photography, doesnt mean we dont want to be good at both

he's not really going to get good photography advice in a car forum.

And he's probably not going to get any advice on photography when every one is talking about the car, is he?

To hell with the engine, the brakes, the fenders... photowise, they suck. But he won't learn this unless he stops talking about the car.

he's not really going to get good photography advice in a car forum.

And he's probably not going to get any advice on photography when every one is talking about the car, is he?

To hell with the engine, the brakes, the fenders... photowise, they suck. But he won't learn this unless he stops talking about the car.

yea im bad about that too. we just see a lot more than a picture of a car. but that doesnt mean we dont want to be able to take a better picture.

u bring up a good point about talking about the car distracting from advice, but a person doesnt learn much either when somebody just says "they suck."

Yes, I derailed this thread, sorry :(

I guess I'll clear things up.
I'm on a photography forum, and i expect to have conversations from a photographers aspect.
But when somebody chimes in about the car, I will want to talk about the car a bit
It's just something different to talk about.
It's my thread, so who cares?

@c.cloudwalker
I like the words though
It's harsh and there are no tips since you're a hater, but I like haters when it comes to photography
It helps in my opinion.
I'm a big believer in the idea that 'if you aren't good yet, you have to be told so straight up."
Just as 'singers' on shows like American Idol that you would consider to be horrid, they truly believe that
they can sing good, because their friends and family would always tell them how amazing they were.
You don't grow when you're treated like an infant.

But what about me posting pictures of this car shows I'm more into cars than photography?
You're just judging a book by it's cover.
It doesn't matter what the subject is.
And just because I comment about the car, doesn't mean I'm not taking in the tips people are throwing in.

If someone tells me something I don't always reply with words. It's not always necessary.

Bump, more tips.

Shooting cars around dusk will give you that extra kick of light. If you pick the right location, clean backgrounds etc, you'll end up with some nice light/reflections on the car. I usually use the smudge tool in PS to move the reflections around if there are some that don't work or are too distracting.

To get you back on topic, I think most of the images have like a white haze over them. I don't think this is something you added. It kind of looks like you had the ISO set too high, but since you were using a flash maybe not. Based on the grain from the street light in #1 I am going to lean towards ISO.

Most of the pics have junk in the background, houses, random curbs, etc. Get away from backgrounds that don't make sense to a car. if you want a house, then it's usually going to be something crazy like a mansion to give the pic that "rich' feel. We have a mall that I usually go to for my car pics, at night the lot's completely empty and it's surrounded by hills. the top of parking decks are good too since you can just use night sky.

The last one I think is the best framing wise. It still sucks that you have that noisy background and haze going on.

I have a friend that does a lot of car photog. Not sure if he's on these forums or not, I know him from a car forum, go figure lol). Anyway, if you are going to get big into car pics then they make stands that you can attach to the car to get moving shots that come out amazing. Not sure where you would even begin to look for the stands though. Might be worth the investment if you're planning long term.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back