Cargo tanker floating by...

Harpper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I caught a picture of this tanker as it made its way across my view. I purposely left the picture a little soft because I thought it gave it a more surreal look to it.

bridge1.jpg

nice shot harper, though i think you intended the tanker to be the subject here, i am completely drawn in to how the skyline looks behind the bridge, that looks really cool!

I think you did a great job with this shot, judging by the sunlight which looks pretty strong, you still got a nice range tones here. well done matie :)

I, too am drawn to the skyline. I like the softness, but ships that large either appear as blobs and have no real detail other than general shape, or they have fine detail in the image and thus draw the eye. I think what happens is when you don't see the detail on a ship that large you lose sense of size, which is a lot of what makes them interesting.

Nice shot.

Thanks everyone again. I appreciate the comments.

vonnagy said:
nice shot harper, though i think you intended the tanker to be the subject here, i am completely drawn in to how the skyline looks behind the bridge, that looks really cool!
At first I wanted the ship to be the subject but after seeing how this picture turned out I think the focus has been spread out. I don't know if it does this for anyone else but my eyes first goes from the land on the left to the ship then to the bridge and then to the city in the background. I kind of like how my eyes naturally ziz zags like that.

Aside from the softness, that's also what I liked about this picture but it could just be me though. I agree with omega_zulu. I think the ship is too small to really be the subject, but that's why I like getting opinions from you guys.

vonnagy said:
I think you did a great job with this shot, judging by the sunlight which looks pretty strong, you still got a nice range tones here. well done matie :)
Thanks. It was tough trying to tame the light. Unfortunate for me one of my favorite types of pictures are ones with strong lighting like direct sunlight. Most of those types of pictures turn out horrible but I do enjoy the challenge. :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back