Carry on camera backpack - must be 22"x14"x9". Recommend please.

Lightsped

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am getting ready to go to Seoul this coming Tuesday. I have a Lowepro bag that I think is going to be slightly too big (by 1.5") for the airline's 22"x14"x9" carry on requirement.

I don't have time to order anything online. Is there a backpack at Best Buy that is suitable for a DSLR and some lenses that meet the carry on size requirement?

I am wanting to take D800, 14-24mm, 24-70mm, and 50mm Prime. I'd also like to take my D3100 as a backup. I can put the battery chargers in the check in luggage.

Please help.

Does your bag squish at all? If there is enough give, you might be able to get away with it.

I have a Lowepro Computrekker AW that is technically oversized, but I have taken that thing on flights around the world.

Even worse, it's significantly over weight when I have it full of camera gear. Maybe I've been lucky, but I haven't had any issues.

But having said that, I've heard that airlines are cracking down more and more, especially since many of them are charging extra for checked baggage, they are more than happy to reject a carry-on, to force you to check it.

What I did, as a precaution, last time I took an international flight, was to wear a fishing/photographer's vest. That way, I could take several things out of my camera bag and put them 'on my person'. The bag is now within weight limits and can be squished into their size requirements. Of course, I would take the stuff out of my pockets and put them back into the bag, once I'm though security.

As we all know, airport security and bag restrictions are sort of a joke. The attitude of the people checking your bags, has way more to do with it, than their rules or regulations. If you get someone in a bad mood, you are going to have a bad time. Or, you might get everything in order just the right size, only to have them wave you though with barely a second look.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back