carrying camera around town/city...

I started reading this thread being slightly interested in opinions people had in carrying their gear out in public... now I'm interested in badgers :lmao:.

I've never really seen a badger I guess. Got to go Google one now...

As to badgers, they can hurt you pretty badly if you get close enough.

So don't!

[Badgers] will also usually back off a ways too and if they do not then you need to take care of business.

"Need to take care of business" is what you call killing an animal because it defends its territory and you couldn't be bothered to take a detour? That is a valid reason to kill?

Wow, life isn't worth much around where you live, is it?

okay guys, alfred D is right. we should all just stop talking.

I use a small "icebox" for the camera when carrying it in the car. The walls are soft enough to protect it, protects it from heat and looks like I'm carrying my lunch there.

You're much more likely to have your gear stolen by bears if you keep it in picnic baskets though.

Hanging it over your shoulder and having a way to hook it to you so it doesnt swing around is a great idea. I HATE letting it swing around my neck or arm.. I've banged it on things a few times and luckily no damange. I'm going to try to come up with something clever to hook it to me.

Just posting to give you guys some ideas....

So as mentioned before.... what works for me is that "Y-strap". To keep the camera at my side in one place and prevent it from swinging as I move, I made this holster. Its made out of a bargain basement deal on a P&S lowepro. I had to cut a "V" into it and sewed it up to allow for the lens. Most lowepro cases come with a rain coat that pulls over for protection from rain. I simply cut out the "rain coat" portion leaving behind the elastic. That elastic loops around my lens body to secure the camera... even without the elastic loop it stays put pretty well.

I'm sure something similar can be done for SLRs as well...

319010817.jpg

319010814.jpg

So don't!

"Need to take care of business" is what you call killing an animal because it defends its territory and you couldn't be bothered to take a detour? That is a valid reason to kill?

Wow, life isn't worth much around where you live, is it?
I`m with you Alfred D, Why kill something just because you can?

A rabid animal is not normal or even safe to be around and it is not waton killing either. You call animal control or the cops they will just shoot it too. It is going to die or infect other animals or bite a child. It is a choice not a desire. If you can not make that choice do not. I will not think less of you for it but to say life is not worth much around here is wrong too. Ill or injured animals are a sad site. I do not photograph them but I may do that one time and let you see it. We have all seen downer cows on the TV news. it is a sad sight but they destroy the cow. When the horse broke her legs at the Kentucky Derby they destroyed her right on the track too. It was sad and heartbreaking too. When you see a animal out in the wild who is sick you do the same thing. A healthy one will rarely attack you and will not usually show itself to you in the daylight. But if you are walking to a remote spot to get the first light shot you may stumble on somethign and you can not run either. You are in their world yes but if you run in the woods or in the wilds you can get lost or disoriented or fall and break a leg etc. I gather you have not been in deep back country where you do not have cell coverage and must rely on yourself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back