Casual Outdoor Portrait for C&C

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Greetings! I'm trying to take advantage of my girlfriends tendency toward being photogenic, and am working on my portrait composition. Not a planned photo, so no makeup or fancy clothes, just took the opportunity while sightseeing on a motorcycle ride. I'd love some C&C on the pose, composition, ect. My own critique, I wish I would have a little less DOF to separate the background a tad more, and I wish she was a tid bit more to the right of the greenery.

8039812596_6a749a673e_b.jpg

About the only thing that I will add to your own critique is that the background expsoure bothers me. You have a black area image right and a bright white/blown area image left. This is going to grab the eye and draw attention off of your very attractive model. Consder using a flash to provide supplemental light and reduce the background's dynamic range. Other than that, a nice, casual portait.

About the only thing that I will add to your own critique is that the background expsoure bothers me. You have a black area image right and a bright white/blown area image left. This is going to grab the eye and draw attention off of your very attractive model. Consder using a flash to provide supplemental light and reduce the background's dynamic range. Other than that, a nice, casual portait.

Thanks for the feedback! I actually was using fill flash, but perhaps a bit more next time to balance the frame more. I guess I didn't notice blown out area and dark area until you pointed it out. I was too focused on the lady. Thanks again tired!

Actually, if you just crop the top area right off the image, it improves dramatically.

The gnome in the house is a little creepy to me! LOl!

Most reactions

Back