What's new

Casual portraits

tsaraleksi

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
1,038
Reaction score
0
Location
here
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've started posting a lot here again, figured I ought to post some pictures too. These are some pictures I took of my girlfriend the other day.

867888115_AUSrb-L.jpg


867888841_LZxKD-L.jpg


867886391_gwuCJ-L.jpg


Thanks for taking a look!
 
Man.. #2 really pops. I've never used the word 'pop' in relation to a photo but that's what this does. I like the lighting in them all. I'd actually soften #3 a little.

I bet she likes these.
 
Awesome pics....would like to know camera settings etc as well. Nice work!
 
I think they were all 35/1.4, probably somewhere between 1/100 - 1/200 at ISO400.
 
Man.. #2 really pops. I've never used the word 'pop' in relation to a photo but that's what this does. I like the lighting in them all. I'd actually soften #3 a little.

I bet she likes these.

Definitely the same. #2 is an awesome picture! Her eyes look unbelievable!
 
Again, #2 is just plain awesome! The expression is hilarious, but kinda hot lol
 
I love #3. #2 looks like she got an insane look to her. It gives me the creep.
 
Pretty girl.

The processing in #1 is a lot brighter than in #2. In #1 her skin looks to have a lot of blown spots. I could be wrong. Also, the blue is so much more vibrant in the first shot than in the second. I don't think the skin tones look natural in the color shots, and the backgrounds are distracting. Maybe a different crop on #2 so she's not so centered? The light on the right side of the photo is also very distracting.
 
I love #1, the colors, her eyes, would really like to know what pp you are using. 2 has a very insane look. The eyes look great but the rest of her face is like a deer caught in headlights. 3 should be softened a bit than it will be amazing!

btw, what kind of camera are you using?
 
#2 creeps me out a bit..lol... I like all the shots though. Good job! Thanks for sharing!
 
Pretty girl.

The processing in #1 is a lot brighter than in #2. In #1 her skin looks to have a lot of blown spots. I could be wrong. Also, the blue is so much more vibrant in the first shot than in the second. I don't think the skin tones look natural in the color shots, and the backgrounds are distracting. Maybe a different crop on #2 so she's not so centered? The light on the right side of the photo is also very distracting.


I agree with some of what Alicia stated above. Her skin seems to be blown out in the first 2 photos. You have lost some of her hair in the shadows.The wall sconces are definitely distracting from her...

Her eyes are beautiful, I would focus around those with some closeups.
 
Just worth noting, I checked the shots in photoshop- they are bright in places, but nothing is blowing out. If they look really 'white' that might indicate that you are in need of a monitor calibration. If you're using 'blown out' to mean bright, then it makes a bit more sense. Thanks for all the comments :)

Camera was a Canon 5D2.



That could be...never have calibrated this monitor. Soon though, soon. :mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom