What's new

Catch a falling star...

Still a few hot pixels, including one right on Mt. Rainier (or is that some other effect?). And maybe crop a bit of that steep slope on the right? It kind of dominates. But otherwise...

Wow! I love this photo. It's dramatic and cool! :D
 
Thank you. And that's actually not a hot pixel. I'm not sure if it was a car, climbers (my best guess), or what, but it was moving around in any case :)
 
Anyone have any more suggestions? Particularly on processing? I still feel it's lacking...
 
I think it's an amazing photo! I wish I could take a shot like that!
 
Thank you. So far I haven't done anything that required any skill. The post processing, I think, is where the skill is and I think I'm failing at that part. The rest is just a combination of the right equipment and being lucky enough to live near such beautiful scenery! I'm confident you could do it, too!
 
this is awesome! Is there a way you can lighten the lake so we can better see the reflection and stars in it?
 
I'll try when I get home, along with the suggested crop. I think the lake may be lost, though. I had my son with me, so I wasn't able to climb down close to the lake. Tonight I'm driving to an even better location, though.
 
Don't like it, looks unreal, like graphics from the cover of fantasy book, looks like a photomontage.
 
Ok...can you suggest what it is that makes it seem unreal? The white balance? The mountain is the part I'm least happy with...
 
OK. Too many stars in sun halo. Normaly you don't see it. Well, how long was the exposure anyway ?
 
Excellent photo! I would crop the photo a little on the right. The steep slope is a little to much.
 
It was a 25 second at f/2.8 and 14mm. It was using the Rokinon 24mm which is entirely manual. I did boost the halo a bit by upping the over all highlights. Maybe I over did that...
 
It was a 25 second at f/2.8 and 14mm. It was using the Rokinon 24mm
Don't understand, maybe there is a trick to it I don't know. How did you get from prime, 24mm, FF lens 14mm of focal length ?
 
Sorry...typo. It's the Rokinon 14mm lens.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom