I like round catchlights, and I also like square or rectangular catchlights. My feeling is that square or rectangular catchlights mimic window light, like the old "north light studio" look of the late 19th century.
I've seen your worklight photos, which have three small catchlights on top and one on the bottom; it's a novel look. I have not seen that exact setup before, so it is unconventional. You could make it look more conventional if you shot the worklights through a thin, transparent fabric stretched tightly on a frame made of PVC pipe, or an old window screen frame, or any type of frame. You could also bounce the worklights off of a piece of Foam-Core board, or a light-colored wall. That would give large, even catchlights,and a nice light quality.
I think what WOULD LOOK COOL is to make a tight cluster of worklights in a circle; five or six lights, equally spaced. Now that would look cool! If you mean the clamp-on worklights with 8 inch tin reflectors and squeeze clamps...you know, a DIY round cluster of them might look pretty cool if you could space them all equally into holes cut out in something like an aluminum pizza pan, so you'd have a "light unit" you could use as a powerful main light. If you had some of the smaller, 5-inch diameter reflectors, it's be easier to space the lights and aim them all straight forward.
The cool thing you are getting with the worklights is experience with direct, relatively undiffused light, which has direction, and which throws shadows which create shape. That alone is a nice lesson in lighting and light positioning.