Cause and Effect

that photo could really send a message, im willing to bet some enviromental people would buy that.

Nice shot indeed.

Only critique I might add is that only the one fish in the foreground is complety and quickly identifiable. I think possibly some contrast on the other fish (which after looking enough I was able to see a few more there) or some other method of highlighting the dead fish in the see of grass would definetly help this pic even more.

Thanks so much everyone.

Rashadan, you are right. I might do some dodging of the other fish to bring them out.

Take a look at this one and see what you think.
dead_sea.jpg

Yea, I like this one too. I like the first more I think, I agree that bringing out the other fish would help in a way, but I like how there is only one in clear focus, it conveys the point well by itself.

-Joe

Digital Matt said:
Thanks so much everyone.

Rashadan, you are right. I might do some dodging of the other fish to bring them out.

Take a look at this one and see what you think.
dead_sea.jpg

Wowzers, could you give some infos on how this pic was shot? Did you PS it? If so, what did you do?

While you at it, please give some details on the first one too. Thanks!

Thanks everyone :)

This picture was shot while standing in a pile of dead fish and gagging. I used a polarizer and shot in raw, and then just added contrast and changed the color of the raw file. A bit of vignette in ps.

Matt,

I really like the first one the best. It took me a moment to get it, but that's just cuz Jo Cose has been at work staring at a computer all day and him brain is a little numb.

Not to be too funny, but it reminds me of the Simpsons episode where they find the 3-eyed fish in the lake (I can't remember anything else about the episode).

Anyway, I like the first one the best!

Yeah that pic works a lot better for me. I can much more easily pick out the dead fish. Great shot man. Send that s**t to the EPA man.

Most reactions

Back