What's new

Cause and Effect

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
5,358
Reaction score
73
Location
Santa Barbara, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Draw your own conclusions.

Taken at the Cleveland Lakefront this cold winter morning, which was littered with dead fish, that even the seagulls didn't seem to want to eat.

cause_effect.jpg
 
Absolutely beautiful composition and tone. Excellent capture! Sad about the environment (but that's a completely different subject). The photo is just awesome though! Great work!
 
They're definately dumping something bad in that water....sick! Excellent composition matt the picture tells the story on its own. Superb :thumbup:
 
Thanks everyone. Yes it is sad, how we treat nature, and you can see the signs and symptoms of it all around.
 
Wow, awsome shot Matt. This is a very effective image. I think the dark tone and dramatic sky as well as the vingeting really add to the mood nicely. Powerful work.

The only thing I don't care for are the bushes, I think it would make the image much cleaner and give a better view of the factory without them, but I'm sure there wasn't much you could do about them.
 
Kick ass... you should send it to some environmental agency.... and get them to put a slogan with it lol
 
well done matt. I think you've put the point across expertly. :thumbup:
 
JonK said:
well done matt. I think you've put the point across expertly. :thumbup:

Cant agree more. Nice comp. Well done again Digital :thumbup: :thumbup:
 
outstanding job, most people would just see a dead fish, go "oh gross" and keep walking, but you turned it into a piece of story-telling artwork, amazing... always love your work, right down to the titles...
 
Thanks alot for your kind comments everyone :) I thought about this all day, and was compelled to go back and take more pictures. I'm going through them now. I hope to post one tonight.
 
Wow, very powerful shot Matt! I love the comp, dof, framing, name and everything else about it. I bet Green Peace would like this shot. Looking foreward to the rest of the shots!

-Joe
 
Calliope said:
Absolutely beautiful composition and tone. Excellent capture!


Dito!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom