CC on my first photos on this forum!

JP21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like to let the image speak for itself and not give away any information on why and how etc (atleast not in this case). Go easy on me its my first post on this forum!:D

142tvti.jpg

34goy8l.jpg

10mufs3.jpg

6od7qx.jpg

Somewhere in the Netherlands eh? I like this #3 the most.

C&C per req:

The images may be speaking, but they're doing so very quietly. #2 is the only one from which I really get anything; I like the capture of the sign and the pedestrian, but find the dark bands at the top and bottom/left of the image distracting.

In general these images seem to have exposure issues, are very midtone-rich and subject matter which (at least to me) doesn't come and grab my attention the way a good photograph should.

Perhaps if you did share some of your thinking with respect to the composition, it would help us provide more effective critique.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I like #1, but I'd crop to get rid of everything except the wall and maybe darken jussttt a tad.

Oops I was going to do a play on it and show you what I mean, but it says not okay to edit.

The last one is my favorite. Overall they look nice, I might bump up the contrast a bit, but that's just personal preference. The second one has too great a tonal range difference for me.

Oops I was going to do a play on it and show you what I mean, but it says not okay to edit.

I here by give you persmission to do so.

Some info on the pictures: This was an assignment for my first ever class of photography, he gave us 1 hour to go into the city and make some pictures and make a selection i see a forgot one picture. The teachers favorite:lol:

nvo6me.jpg

Anyway my battery was dead i ended op doing it a week later in 15 minutes. I havent edited anything just made it black and white. First picture i took cause of the lining. Second one because of the "joke". Third one i dont know, but as you can see its basically 2 worlds what you see, top and bottom. The little bushes spoil this idea a bit. And because its in themiddle of the day but there isnt a single person in sight.

Third one because its gives you an idea the boat is sailing into forever. There is no end to it. Some people didnt even see it was water.

Last one i just posted cause the image creates a new world.

Anyway photography is not one of my main classes matter of fact i had my final grade for the semester today and i will never have photography again. This was a serie of the first class. Because i would only have 6 months of photography the teacher focuses on the what the image says and not on technical part.

Actually looking back now, I think I'd straighten that vertical line on the right, too.

And crop that lil bit of dark on the bottom right. Cause I'm awesome and somehow missed that. >.<

Actually looking back now, I think I'd straighten that vertical line on the right, too.

And crop that lil bit of dark on the bottom right. Cause I'm awesome and somehow missed that. >.<

Hmm its hard to view the images nicely on the screen like this... hard to compare them by scrolling up and down. Anyway our teacher doesnt really like cutting and altering pictures. But we are allowed to do alter the photo anyway that they could do 50 years ago to. So thats still a lot.

i like printed photos better then on a screen. Completely suprised myself this way with my latest still life series which i will post later in a new topic.

Interesting... I hate to say it, but unless this is specifically a FILM photography class your teacher sounds kind of bogus... why wouldn't you use the tools at your disposal?

Interesting... I hate to say it, but unless this is specifically a FILM photography class your teacher sounds kind of bogus... why wouldn't you use the tools at your disposal?

hes old school, i can give you a website of his work? Not that i like it:lol:

Hes just not a fan of photoshop. We can use color adjustments and everything with color but he doesnt like drastically cutting and adjusting cause i dunno man talk to him:D

Eric van Straaten | Fotografie

Most reactions

Back