cc Please

Mickey92978

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone,
It has been a while since I have posted, but I am in need of some CC. I have been photographing my friends and family, but I was asked by a "friend of a friend" to do her family photos. Since usually we are our own worst critics, and our friends usually tell us about how "great" they look and all of that great supportive friend thing, I am hoping to get some outside perspective. So as intimidating it seems to me I am posting a few on here. There may seem to be a few but these are the few out of many that I am wanting to give them.
Thanks in advance for taking the time to look and give feedback.
Mickey

007-1.jpg

007-2.jpg

012-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

063-1.jpg

100-1.jpg

289-1.jpg

304-1.jpg

339.jpg

375-1.jpg

384-1.jpg

392.jpg

399-1.jpg

412-1.jpg

seel3.jpg

Really... no takers.....did i post in the wrong forum?

Pick one or two, a lot of people on here wont reply to C&C post with this many photos.

Yeah, I wouldn't go more than 3. The C&C can get pretty in depth, and when you expect people to critique a book's worth of images, many will just move on to the next thread.

Pick out your favorites and you'll have better luck.

Well, you know, there are too many photos to C&C on a per-image basis, but in general I think your B&W photos are a bit dark and lacking in local contrast; the darker tones are too close to one another,and local contrast needs to be a bit higher. Also, on some of the shots the camera's point of view is behind the subjects,and it might look better to be in front of the subjects. I do like the soft focus effect on the first pose.

On another level, I think there are some photos here that were framed as horizontals, and should really have been framed as vertical shots, like the mom and son's feet and rolled up jeans on the rocky beach shot,and the boy's pant legs and the boy's face in 8,9,and 10. I harp on that a lot, but when the subject is taller than it is wide, a vertical composition makes sense about 90% of the time. Like on shot #15--crop off the entire right hand 1/3 of the picture,since the right hand side only detracts. With the right side lopped off, the line of sight of dad and son will make visual sense. Had it been framed tall, it would have been much stronger,and also cropped right in the camera, with full, 100% pixel utilization and full image quality.

Finally, these are not what are called perfected poses. They are however probably as good as any family photos they currently have, unless they have hired a professional portrait photographer, and as time moves forward, each and every one of these photos will become treasured family memories.

Well Thank you to all who left CC. I really do appreciate it. I suppose not having posted in so long I got a bit over enthusiastic on posting :lol:. Derrel, I do see what you mean by having them cropped vertically, I tried it ans you were right it did look much better, thank you again. And I will keep in mind about posting more than 3 or 4, thanks again to everyone;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back