What's new

Cemetary pics - C&C

missred75

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, all.

Went to one of the above-ground cemetaries in New Orleans this past weekend and had some fun with the camera. What do you think of these? (Taken with a Canon Rebel XT, standard kit lens 18-55mm) I'm still a newb at the camera, so it's on automatic settings - I can't seem to figure out lighting, etc., and always screw it up if it's not on automatic. But, what about the composition of the subjects? Is there anything that you would have done differently?

nola069.jpg


nola088.jpg


This one came out a little dark:

nola126.jpg


nola130.jpg


Last one...

nola101.jpg
 
i came in here looking for some dark spooky pics...
to the matter at hand. the first one is way to crooked to the right IMO. it doesnt help that one line is straight and the other to leaned.

the second one... just shoot the cross without the bars or at least get a front shot of the bars... the lower side of the bars...

the third... nice composition but watch out at the upper line of the wall.

the forth - best composition.

the last one doesnt do much for me.

i can see you know something about the rule of thirds but you gotta pay more attention to lines in photo. think of how they lead the eye. with practice you will instinctively be careful with these.
 
I think that we'd be able to see more of what you were going for if you posted larger images. They look a little overexposed.
 
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the comments. I didn't know how big was OK to post, so I didn't go too big, esp. since I had 5 pics on there...

After looking at the pics again, I agree that the lines are not quite right. I will definitely try to look at that in the future!

Thanks, again!
 
One more thing once you figure out your manual mode try to use fill flash. Use that when you want to get rid of shadows(you should(if you want)). Set the flash to -3.0 and that will give you a nice fill light. But that's all in time.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom