Cemetery Lightning

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my first attempt at shooting lightning. The sky isn't as dark as I wanted, so I will be trying again ASAP.

I used ISO200, F/8, and I couldn't really tell you how many seconds. A few. I released the shutter when I saw the bolt, held it until a few second after the bolt finished.

The lightning was on both sides of the statue so it was difficult choosing a side. This was the only image with any lightning. The others have flashes that were so bright they looked like they were shot in daylight. Or there is nothing but a dark statue.

The print looks a bit better than the scan.

There was ambient light that was on the statue.

If you have a way this can look better using Photoshop, let me know.

How can I improve the condition of the sky? Lessen the aperture opening?

Any crits, suggestions or comments welcomed.

8.jpg

My Dad said to me, "This is a pretty sadistic shot you want to do." Am I the only one who doesn't think so? lol

Do you think this would offend anyone? I don't see why not, but there are people who would read too much into it.

And thank you. I have been waiting a very very long time to do this. And it went well.

I want to enter it into a contest in town (hence why I'm doing this). It has to do with cemetaries and tombstones.

well im no historian...but supposedly when christ died on the cross... there was an earthquake or a storm or something....it was all long ago, and my memory is not what it was.... :lol: :lol:

md

Whoa!!! Beautiful subject and well lit. What pshop tricks have you tried? Personally I think any adjustments should be minor.

If this opportunity ever comes up again try a ISO 64 film. Film that slow will produce the contrast and detail.

I not think it “Sadistic” at all, maybe a little apocalyptical
Agee with Doc about the green coloring, Cool.
:thumbsup:

Do you think this would offend anyone? I don't see why not, but there are people who would read too much into it.

Yes! There is a small faction of liberals who are very much offended by any allusion of God in the school rooms and court rooms or anywhere else for that matter. Berkely, California would probably be offended. But what the hey--MAJORITY RULES!!

I would have considered cropping the right margin in order to have that diagonal line at the lower right immenate from the lower corner and to also place Christ's face at the upper right quadrant (rule of thirds)

I like this photo. If it were mine, I'd be proud to display it. The storm is especially symbolic. You did good.

Rebel

What an amazing photo. Cemeteries are one of my favorite subject to photograph, and I really like the feel of this pic. As for it offending somebody, there is always something that is going to offend somebody no matter what the subject is.
Where was this cemetery?

Carl

Most reactions

Back