Cemetery

uzimonkey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Looks like my old cemetery thread got wiped out. I'll repost the original picture, plus my new attempt.

This is the original. I wished to improve this one, but a rather large stump and a rock wall are in my way.
DSC02231.JPG

This is the one I took today. I realized that the detail of the trees in the background was distracting. I'm not sure I like this one, but it has a much better feel of depth. I tried to use the focus, but it's difficult on my point and shoot (Sony DSC-P10). I woud have liked the foreground to be sharper.
DSC02338.JPG

The first one has pretty good detail, although the second is completey out of focus.

The first one is a keeper, but I think you should trash the second. (Just my opinion)

I tried again.

DSC02390.JPG

Still blurry... Maybe try it with a tripod.

Still blurry... Maybe try it with a tripod.

I wish I could do that :p I'll bring something to set the camera on, but that's just inches from the ground. There's some motion blur in the latest one (there's a pond right next to this place, and there are a lot of mosquitoes in the evening), but I think the focus is better.

Am I supposed to be able to do depth of field with a point and shoot? Or am I trying to do something my camera really wasn't designed for?

Edit: Oh yeah. To do the focus I'm putting it on center auto-focus, focusing on the nearest two headstones, locking the focus and panning to the right. There is a manual focus setting, but it never seems to work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back