CF card readers

I will, thanks. See you can teach an old dog new tricks...lol...

On the other side of the fence - I had a card reader, and used it exclusivly. Then it died, and I realised just how much easier it was to plug the camera into the USB port.... Drain on the camera battery? Sure, for about 5 minutes whilst the card downloads, then you unplug it and turn it off, where's the big deal?

Of course it depends on volume of shots you take too - I've got a 1GB and a 2GB card, even if I fill 'em both, it only takes 10 - 15 minutes to download 'em to the computer. If you're regularly filling multiple 8GB cards, I can see where battery drain becomes a problem :)

My 1GB card is a Sandisk with a built in USB connector too - the're pretty useful, but I found the USB side of it stopped working pretty quickly... SHould take it back actually, I believe the've got a lifetime warranty...

i have a kingston reader. does everything. even smart media hahaha. i think i paid 15 dollars for it

Thanks everyone, Read all the comments and did some research and read reviews;) Ended up just grabbing a $15 multi type card reader and it works just fine. Sorry to be late replying to this but the weather broke and I was out stalking the wild things. thanks again

I have a Lexar firewire reader for CF; also a Sandisk 12 in 1 for everything else; and recently I bought a 4 gig Sandisk Ultra SD card that came with this tiny little reader of it's own.

I thought it was just a nice bonus to carry around. But turns out it was necessary because, apparently, my older Sandisk 12 in 1 isn't capable of reading the 4 gig card.

Anyone know why? At first I thought it had something to do with the new card being too advanced to work with the ancient USB1 interface on my (equally ancient) Mac G4. But that's not the case because the new little dedicated reader works fine when running through the old USB1.

...where's the big deal?

When the wire gets tugged on and pulls the camera to the ground killing it.

When the computer sends an electrical surge to your camera killing it instead of the $35 card reader.

;)

Most reactions

Back